CHAPTER TWO: Friends and . . . well, just Friends.

It's about time I updated, I guess. Don't forget to comment!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER TWO: Friends and . . . well, just Friends.

It was finally the first day of school. My friends, no, not the ones from the team, but my real friends, like friends who I can actually talk to about anything and everything. The friends who I know when they have their periods. And the ones I can talk shit about other people to and know that they won't spread it, okay, that was a bit shady, but hey, who should I spill the tea with? Gia Gunn vibes, anyone?

My friends were all hanging out in the library, cause according to Paris is Burning . . .

Okay, never mind, not going there.

But anyways, for real, we go to the library because it is quiet and we really appreciate the peace, unlike the cannibalympics in the cafeteria in the mornings. Yes, Ryleigh and I came up with that word back in seventh grade to toss some shade around. How clevvver.

"How was the summer?" Cass asked, lounging on a green bean bag. She was a grade ahead of us, a fucking senior. While the rest of us were just juniors this year. She was tall, really tall, like 5'11 and a butchy softball player. When people say that men are supposed to protect women, she proves them wrong. She ain't afraid to stand up for us, even if that means cracking her knuckles and getting her hands dirty. She had short, thin brown hair, usually tied in a small bun and matching brown eyes. Usually, she wears black skinny jeans, regular tees and sometimes a bit of lip gloss.

"Not much. Just on my phone and watching the birds outside of my window." Ryleigh answered. She was the most quiet of us, and my bestest, bestest, bestest best friend. Like, I'd seriously for real go to hell for this bitch. We became friends back in the start of middle school, when I had asked her a personal question, which I will not yet reveal.

But she was also the shortest, at 5'4 at her natural height. She had dyed sapphire blue hair, in a pixie cut and wide rimmed black glasses. Pale with a lighter-than-needed concealer and foundation. Contrasting to her face, she wore a black faux leather bomber jacket and matching black skinny jeans. We all wore skinny jeans. And I just don't mean in this group. Like, our entire generation is built on skinny jeans squeezing our asses.

"Uh, I meant to ask Nathan." Cass laughed. "I already knew what you did."

"Oh." Ryleigh shrugged, eyes still on her phone. I took off my bag and plopped myself in a bungee chair.

"That's cool, I just continued to practise music." Mindie said. Now, if you visualised Ryleigh as some gothic or emo chick, well, you haven't seen Mindie at all. She always wore thick black eyeliner, chokers, fishnets, high heeled hiking platform boots and black hair with purple streaks. She was about 5'6 and has a very self-deprecating sense of humour, and she was the queen of shade. Actually, no I am. But she makes a very close second. I love all of these crassy classy motherfuckers.

"Again Mindie, I was talking about Nathan." Cass said again. I re-tied my canvas shoes. Unlike all of these people, I'm wearing acid wash skinny jeans instead of black. I laughed.

"I didn't do much, just sports stuff and I read books from the public library. Oh, and I did my part time job at the grocery store." I elaborated. I was customer help and a bagger for the local grocery store. Basically help people find stuff or return stuff or watch out for shoplifter while putting delicate groceries in bags as rough as possible. They hired me because I was 'gentle' and 'easy on the eyes'. I'm not gonna elaborate on that.