Annoyance

Highschool AU

Your heels clicked down the hallways as you gripped the stacks of paper you hugged to your chest. Your gaze shifted from the hallway to the cleaned windows framing the outside. 'It's such a beautiful day,' you thought to yourself as your eyes scanned the lush greenery lightened by the bright sun that hung in the clean blue sky. Focusing your view back in-front of you as you finish admiring the view from the school windows your face immediately contorts into a scowl as you see a certain raven haired boy leaning against the frame of the classroom door you were supposed to enter.

Sighing you grip onto the stacks tighter and averted your gaze to the floor ignoring his presence. As you step closer and closer to the door, the noise of your movements catches his
attention as his eyes follow to the noise trailing up from your feet all the way to your face. A smirk plays onto Ayato's lips as he sees you staring at the floor about to enter the class room. His hand stops the door from sliding open which catches your attention. "What do you want?" you huffed, "I have to get these to the teacher." He pondered for a moment and looked back into your eyes, his violet orbs drinking in you facial expression as he parts his lips to speak, "I want your attention." Your (e/c) eyes widen and your cheeks dusts light pink as you were taken aback from his comment. "I-I.. W-What?" You stumble over your words as you stare into eyes. His face breaks from seriousness as he bursts out laughing. "Idiot! Look at you I got you blushing. I just wanted to tease you." You eyes narrow as you scowl at him, shifting you position back to the door as you force it open. "H-Hey!" He calls out as you make your way into the classroom and set the stacks of paper onto the teaching desk. "What do you want?" You bite in a bitter tone, your mood already seeping with annoyance. "I was just joking, don't get your panties in a twist." He looks down at you as you twirl around and shine him a smile, "I'm sorry, I don't speak bitch." You walk back to your desk not sparing him a second glance as you take your seat.

He stares at your retreating form taken aback by your comment. He walks back to your desk and pushes his hands down onto the desk trying to draw your attention, "Hey, I said don't be mad it was just a joke." You remain silent only looking ahead, ignoring his statement. He mutters under his breath and shifts his head in-front of your face. You fight back a blush from the close proximity and try to maintain your calm composure. "Hey," he says again, his eyes making contact with yours. You roll your eyes. "Hey quit being upset." He huffs making you flinch and sigh, "Ayato, you're starting to really get annoying." He smiles at you in response.  He walks over to his seat and turns his attention to a notebook that's been sitting idly on his desk the whole time.

You spare a glance in his direction in confusion, why did he stop bothering? Did all he want was a response? He looks up and back over to you after taking notice of your gaze on his figure. "Do you need something?" He asks mockingly with a small smile. You blushed and huffed turning straight in your chair and looking to the front of the classroom that had students from previous classes flooding in. Ayato smiled and his eyes went back to the front of the room to the teacher who arrived behind all the students.

The bell chimes through out the school, chairs scoot into their desks as the teacher ventures to the teaching stand and announces today's lesson. "We have a project assignment due in the upcoming week on thursday, I will be pairing you with a partner for this activity. Lets see." Her voice trails off as she observes the classroom setting. "Ok," she claps her hands together. "Sayano and Mitsunde you will be a pair." You look to the girls in front of you, Sayano is in the beginning of the row and Mitsunde is in the desk right next to her also in the front of the row. "And Yune your with Mikasura." The teacher points to both of them. 'Their also next to eachother...' You think. Your eyes widened in realization as she points out another pair, 'Oh my gosh! Shes going by seating! Shes picking the ones side by side, oh my gosh that means.' You look to your right as you see Ayato pondered off in his own little world with his chin in his palm. "(y/n) you are with Ayato." Your eyes widen and your mouth lets out a small noise as you look back to your right, immediately making eye contact with Ayato. Another smirk plastered on his face. "Great." You mutter and let your head fall to the desk.

A/N: sorry for taking so long i've been putting off this story but im going to try and upload about every weekend. Hopefully I can stick to that agenda haha. I hope you enjoyed the chapter!