Chapter 2: That should be my line

Lucas
Saying I was a bit exhausted today would be an understatement, getting throughmy night shift was going to be a nightmare. Thanks God I wasn't alone, I had Aaron and his annoying conversations to keep myself awake.

"Dude, what the hell happened to your hand?"

I looked down at my knuckles and memories from what happened this morning rushed back into my head.

"Give me the money, you knew I was coming to get it Steven" I cracked my fingers, Steven almost started crying right there.

He deserved this, you just don't borrow money from Richard Husher knowing you wouldn't be able to return it. However, this fucker had been too busy with his addiction to realise that not giving the money back, meant recieving a bullet between your eyebrows.

"I-I...I don't have it!" He shouted. Steven was sitting on the floor dragging himself away from me until his back met the kitchen counter "I need m-more time!"
"Wrong answer buddy" I took a step closer to him, my knuckles conecting with his cheek
"I spent it...O-On...Food!" He insisted

Lies, lies, lies...Didn't people realize lies only led you to the bad ending?

"I swear to God Steven, one more lie and this will be over"

As expected Steven lied.
As I said I ended the fighting right there.
I had been good enough to punch him until he was unconcious so when I shot him in the head Steven hadn't seen it coming. You might think I am an asshole but there are people that would have solved that situation way worse than me.

"Work" I muttered looking up at Aaron. He had recently joined our "gang" and Richard didn't trust him enough to do the kind of jobs I did, so he just stayed at the mansion flirting with the maids, eye fucking Alexis and annoying people.
"Did you kill him?" I looked up at him, my eyes told him everything and his terrified look told me he didn't need details. Good, because I wasn't going to tell him.
"Keep your eyes on the gate, I'm going to take a look around"

I needed time away from Aaron, I wasn't in a really good mood today and his lame attempts of conversation tormented me, I was getting more and more frustrated and that never led to a good thing. He sometimes reminds me of the young and innocent me, I have had the same terrified look on my eyes when I have heard about my partners killing people, I actually suffered a panick attack the first time I saw someone being killed and I had a mental break down the first time I got blood on my hands.

I was working for the mafia though, I knew what I was getting myself into when I knocked on Richard's door 13 years ago.

However all those dark moments had had always a little sunshine in them. My sunshine was definitely Alexis, she had always been there for me and I knew she would still be there if I ever said I needed somebody to talk to.
I knew Alexis had nightmares when I told her I killed someone but I also knew she would let me talk to her about it again if it helped me.
She was so good, so...Pure for this fucked up world.

Speaking of the devil.

A small smile came up to my lips when I saw her standing outside. My heart stopped beating for a few seconds when my eyes checked her figure out.

I have seen Alexis growing up. At first she was a skinny teenager who was too spoiled by mommy and daddy. She barely had any friends, even I, who was used to deal with all kinds of people, barely stood her.

When Alexis' mom died, she changed. Alexis gained some weight, making those deathly curves she had been hidding, clearly visible. Her skin became tanned thanks to her friend Leah who dragged her to the beach too many times. She also started taking interest in make up and tight clothes...Alexis who once was my teenage crush was now my fantasy.