Chapter 6, Act 1

(( Hiya! I'm the new co-author. My name is Solar, and if you wanna follow me, my user is SolarE3lipse. You don't have to follow me!

Anyways, onto the first chapter that I'll be writing! :3 ))

Natsuki awoke a few hours after. She sat up, her head spinning. Was it just a dream?... She pressed a hand to her cheek. Nope. Definitely real. Natsuki felt like crying, but for once, her tear glands failed her. The swelling had gone down a little, at least.

As the pink haired teenager wondered what she was going to tell her dad, the door to the room opened, and there stood Yuri. The taller girl's eyes seemed to well up.

"Natsuki..." Her voice was quiet and hesitant. Without warning she scrambled out of her bed and attempted to wrap her arms around her waist. Yuri looked down at her for a moment before returning the hug.

"I-I..." She tried to speak, but her throat was dry as a desert.

Yuri put a finger to her lip. "No need." She sighed before picking the smaller girl up. Natsuki didn't argue or fidget. Yuri gently settled her back onto the bed, then sat beside her. "Now, please tell me why you tried to hide your pretty face." Natsuki blushed slightly, and she stared at her feet.

Natsuki sighed, "Every other day he'd drown himself in his alcohol. Bottle after bottle. Within a few months, the house already smelled like alcohol and tears. I try my best to clean up the house, but the smell still lingers. He practically beats me every day... He must be looking for me- ohhh my god I'm in sooo much trouble!!!" Natsuki got up nervously and tried to leave Yuri's room, but Yuri held onto her wrist and pulled her back softly. "Don't leave!!!" She shouted, "Please... Don't leave..." She calmed herself, "Your father is at work, I already checked your house.."
Natsuki calmed down and sat back down, cuddling back into Yuri, crying softly. "I'm sorry..."

The two laid back down on the bed, embracing eachother softly as Natsuki calmed herself down. Once again, the small girl soon fell asleep in her arms from all the crying.

"I promise, I won't let him hurt you..."

"Even if it costs me my life..."

Well then! That was one hell of a chapter! I promise that I will be more frequent with writing chapters, but with high school and band, my schedule is really tight, and I'm using my free time to write this. Yes, this is kasai speaking, not my co-author, but special kudos to her for writing most of this chapter! She is a very intelligent person, and I trust her with this book! I hope you're excited for the further chapters! Things will escalate pretty quickly!