Chapter 8, Act 1

As the day was coming to a close, and all the girls had made it to their houses safe and sound, Monika sat at her desk typing out codes upon codes like a madman. Her girlfriend, Sayori, watched her idly in an attempt to grab her attention.

"Hey, Monika?"

Sayori called for her girlfriend's attention. She was laying down on her belly on Monika's bed, legs swaying in a repetitive motion.

Monika's fast fingers came to a soft close to prevent strain from the stress.  She looked over at her girlfriend and smiled.

"Yes, darling?"

Sayori had a concerned look on her face, being aware of what the future will hold for her and her club members.

"Will this story have a happy ending?"

She asked anxiously, sitting up in a nervous manner. Monika let out a soft laugh and got up from her chair, walking over to her bed to sit next to her girlfriend. She grabbed her chin softly and kissed her gently on the lips to calm her down. Sayori blushed and smiled, melting into an embrace. Monika stroked her hair softly, getting her girlfriend ready for the truth.

"Well, my dear, a happy ending is never satisfyingly complete without a conflict. And well, Natsuki and Yuri are going to be met with many conflicts within their relationship. It's all apart of this love story."

"You're not going to hurt them right?"

"What's a good story without someone getting hurt?"

Sayori looked sad, knowing her friends will get hurt eventually, or maybe they've already been hurt and will have to endure even more pain.

"It's not easy playing god, you know?" Monika tickled her sad bean, making her giggle and squirm in her arms. Sayori yawned when she finished laughing with her girlfriend.

"Sleep with me tonight. I don't want you staying up coding without any sleep." The blue-eyed cinnamon roll pouted, holding Monika's hands, not letting her leave.

"Of course." Monika smiled, wrapping her girlfriend up in another embrace and laying down on the bed. She pulled the covers over herself and Sayori, who was already snuggled up on her chest. Monika kissed her forehead as they both slowly drifted off to sleep.

~ 🖤

Woah! Hey guys I'm back! I'm really, really, really, really sorry about the short and very late update. This story was held on a hiatus, considering I had joined a new fandom and am currently very invested in it. I promise that this story will get a whole lot better in later years. I've currently been stuck on whether Team Salvato is going to release Project Libitina or not so I can incorporate it into this story, because the making of that game will seriously impact the direction where this story goes. Thank you all for pushing me to make this. I love you all!

~ Kasai