Chapter 13: I'm Sorry

If I think back to what Derek said and to how Hunter reacts when I'm talking to other guys or even when Zach was strangling me he was not happy I'm just confused on what he wants.

Because he ignores me and then he helps me kept something from me then he kisses me I mean who else wouldn't be confused.

I admit that when I found out I did overreact but me and Hunter cleared everything up and he did say sorry for being so possessive we didn't go any deeper into the subject because he said he needs time to figure things out but he said that he doesn't know how he feels but I'm not going to read anything into it but there is something there.

Since Mom and Jacob are engaged I thought having breakfast with James so we can bond because let's be honest he's going to be the only good thing coming out of this marriage.

I put on my shoes and walk down the stairs and get my stuff together and head to the bus stop.

* * *

James and I decide on this cafe diner that has called The Grease diner. I know it sounds disgusting, but it is a 50s diner with the movie Grease memorabilia like records and sign pictures. There is even one picture with the cast of Greece and the owner, I would assume, but it's so cool that there seems to be were all tiny jukeboxes on the tables.

"This is so cute" I say.

"Yeah it is I've been going to this diner for a while because I helped out the owners son" he says smiling.

"Oh that's cool" I say.

"Let's sit" he says behind me, guiding me to a booth.

"So you wanted to talk to me about something" he says again.

"Yeah, I want to say I'm sorry about everything. But I wanted to bond with you. And even though I don't support my mom's decisions. I still think I should get to know you more because you are going to be my step brother." I say.

"Really it's okay when I got home that day I chewed my dad out and he kicked me out I've been living with Hunter for a month and I'm glad I'm out of there" he says.

"Then why did you come with your dad to dinner" I asked confused.

"He said he wanted me to meet his fiancé and her 'kid'" he puts air quotes around kid.

I open my mouth to say something but he beats me to it.

"But mostly I went so I could see you and if you're okay because I abandoned you when that's not something someone does and I know we don't know each other that well but I want you to look up to me as a brother-ish figure I know what happened with your family a few months ago and he told me I just don't want you to be in pain of any kind and I hope being your step brother will take the edge off at least. I just want you to know I really want to be your step brother." He rushes out.

What he said warmed my heart and I know Travis would love him if he was still alive.

"I just want you to know I really want you to be my step brother" I say and I see the biggest smile on his face.

I get up and go over to his side and hug him. The bell above the door makes a 'Ping' sound James looks over.

"Oi Hunter" he says.

Hunter looks over and his eyes brighten in recognition but I noticed bags under his eyes and with a little girl I see the excitement in her eyes.

"James" the little girl says in excitement.

"Hi Ellie" he says.

"Who is this" she asks.

He looks at me saying to introduce myself.