Halloween Prompt

You skipped through the street, it would be pretty if not moments before your husband, Hvitserk, and his brother's hadn't flooded it with blood. Skipping your way to where you'd left the three brother's you screamed as someone grabbed you.

A woman tugged you to a room filled with cowering women. She quickly drew something on your forehead as you tried to fight to get away.

Your struggle alerted men who recognised you and rushed you away while the women shrieked and waved in their language.

"Please tell me you did that for dramatic effect." Hvitserk chuckled when you were dumped in front of him.

"I... What are you talking about?" You asked as you tried to straighten the dress, which Hvitserk had taken from a prior raid. He licked his thumb and rubbed the cross off your forehead.

"They have asked their God to watch you!" Ivar said with a loud laugh after dismissing the notion to kill the bundle of women you'd been accosted by and allowing them to be taken as Thrall.

"Oh. Will I die?" You asked dramatically. Looking up at Hvitserk who chuckled.

"Probably. But There are some of those older women who say covering your face with blood on the full moon will keep you safe." Hvitserk answered back playfully. Giggling when you started play fighting with him.