Chapter 3

Sabrina felt a person step up behind her and was shocked to feel an arm wrapping around her shoulder and a camera snapping a photo of her

"What?" Sabrina blinked and turned, only to see a sly Peter Kavinsky posting the photo with a smirk.

"Kavinsky, what the actual--"

"Good morning, Sabbie!" Peter chuckled, slinging an arm around her shoulder before dragging her off to their next class.

"Get off, noodlehead." Sabrina groaned as she was forced to walk next to Kavinsky.

"No," Peter smiled, waving at Gen, who glared at the two.

"Yeah, look at that," Sabrina pointed over. "She's upset. Get off."

Peter rolled his eyes, opening the classroom door and settling in the first free seat he could find.

"So," Peter started as Sabrina set her things down on the next table. "I have a proposition."

"I'm still not tutoring you." Sabrina huffed.

"No, not that." Peter rolled his eyes and smiled over at Sabrina. "Be my girlfriend."

Sabrina froze in her spot.

She scrunched her face, rolled her eyes and turned to Peter. "That's even worse."

"Come on, please?"

"Dude, no. You didn't even know I existed until two days ago."

"Yeah," Peter shrugged. "but we've been hanging out. People think we're a couple."

"They what?!" Sabrina hissed, eyes wide. 

"I'm an affectionate friend." Peter shrugged.

"This is why we can't have nice things." Sabrina groaned, rubbing her temples. "We're not even friends!"

"I brought you a milkshake!" Peter protested.

"I don't want to be your girlfriend, Peter!" Sabrina glared at the boy, crossing her arms.

"It's not even a real relationship." Peter whined. "Come on, Sabbie. Please?"

"No." Sabrina rolled her eyes. "Look, why don't you try Lara Jean?"

Peter stopped whining, turning over to Sabrina. "Lara Jean?"

"Yeah." Sabrina nodded. "I mean didn't you say she's trying to get the guys who she wrote letters to off her back?"

"I mean..." Peter trailed off, thinking it over. "I guess?"

"A boyfriend would do that." Sabrina shrugged. "After that whole track field fiasco, Gen's gonna go nuts at the two of you."

Peter nodded, a smile slowly growing on his face. "That makes so much sense. Why didn't I think of that?"

"Because you are an idiot."