Chapter 5

It was to endless amounts of bickering that Lara Jean opened her door to

"That is your second cup of coffee just this morning."

"Lay off my back, Kavinsky," Sabrina groaned, pouting at Lara Jean.

At the sight of the flour-covered teen, she smirked. "Does this mean I have an endless amount of sugary concotions to eat today?"

"Hey." Lara Jean sighed.

"Who are you supposed to be, the Pillsbury Doughboy?" Peter quipped, to which Sabrina snorted.

"No, I'm making cupcakes for Kitty's bake sale." Lara Jean explained.

"Can we come in?" Peter asked.

"Sure,"

"Cool."

"You know, it's easier to—" Peter started.

"Cut something into squares? Like brownie squares, right?" Sabrina piped in as she walked over towards the messy counter. "Easier to eat, too."

"Is it all about food for you, Meyers?" Peter snorted.

"What?" Sabrina shrugged. "A girl needs her sugar."

"Can you even cook?"

"I'll let you know," Sabrina huffed. "I bake a lot for Ben."

"Well, can you make us some?" Lara asked, tilting her head at the new information.

Sabrina gave Lara and Peter an eye roll. "Let me put rat poison into Peter's and consider it done."

"That's mean." Peter told her, which she promptly ignored.

"Peter Kavinsky, what are you doing here?" Lara asked, turning to him.

"Did you not read my note? I'm taking you to Greg's party." Peter said, watching Sabrina rummage through Lara Jean's fridge.

"I'm not going to that." Lara Jean said.

"Yeah, you are." Sabrina replied, emerging from the refrigerator with a yakult bottle in her hand. "It's in your fake dating contract."

Peter agreed. "Also, Gen's going to be there."

"Sorry, Peter. I can't." Lara shrugged.

"A deal's a deal." Peter protested.

"You can't what? Hey, Sabrina," Lara's father came to the scene. "And little Peter Kavinsky? You're all tall as me now!"

Peter only chuckled. "It's good to see you again, Dr. Covey."

"You can call me Dan."

"I'm just here to pick up Lara Jean for a party. The parents will be home, and I will definitely take her home early." Peter said, before pointing at Sabrina. "Also, Sabrina's coming with us."