Chapter 07

Susan's Point of View (POV)

This is not Lucina!

I know how my best friend acts.

My eyes, round with shock and astonishment, turn to look at the doctor. However, Lucina is still in my peripheral vision because I can't get myself to stop looking at her.

Right now, she's the equivalent to an extraterrestrial being that lands on earth once every one billion years. That's how fascinating her transition is.

Doctor Billy was in the middle of getting her painkillers to ease the pain of her headache and something to wake her up from her unconscious state when he heard her voice.

He immediately freezes, straightening his back, and looks at Lucina; because as much as it might not make sense, her voice has also changed. It's deeper somehow; raspier. It's, also, got this over-the-top bubbly attitude like most high school cheerleaders which is so far from Lucina's shy and reserved attitude.

His frozen state is so easy to read; surprise, fascination and curiosity. It's like this is the first time for him to met a case like Lucina's.

The person pretending to be Lucina, however, hasn't uttered a single sentence since she last spoke. She's waiting for us to digest what is happening right in front of our eyes but we are completely flabbergasted and silent for two while minutes.

Almost like she's fed up with the silence, she opens her mouth and talks with her overly joyful voice resembling that of the Joker's. "Come on. Answer me. Even after I come out to you guys, you still won't talk to me?" She fake pouts and pretends to wipe away her non-existent tears.

She continues talking cockily, "You know what? I, already, know that both of you want to get to know me because I'm a really good person! Everyone wants to be my friend because I'm so fun! It's like I'm the life of the party! And, apparently, I'm so modest!" She cracks up laughing at her own joke.

Dr. Billy moves to sit on his chair and looks at her saying, "You seem to already know who we are. It's only fair that we get to know you, as well."

I find myself, automatically, telling Dr. Billy, "She is not Lucina. I'm sure, doctor."

She jumps into the conversation, imitating an MC's voice, "Ding! Ding! Ding! I'm not Lucina; you're right! You have won with us a new pen instead of the one you took and hid from Lucie while studying with her." She laughs and stretches her hand towards me as if giving me a gift.

What is more frightening than that fact that she knows I was the one who took the pen, was how she referred to Lucina as an entirely different person.

After recovering from the shock, I reply with a shaky voice, "I took it on purpose alongside all other pens because I didn't want the person to write her anything else... but wait... it was you...right? You're the one who writes things for Lucina?"

She jumps from her chair to, again, sit on it but cross-legged this time. She answers me while rocking back and forth playfully as if she's having the best time of her life and not making me question my best friend's sanity.

"Aww how smart of you! But I bought others! It wasn't really that hard nor expensive. Actually, yes, they were kinda expensive, but don't tell her, okay?" She ends her sentence by placing her index finger on her mouth and shrugging while snickering like a four-year-old who had done something and doesn't want his mother to know.

Dr. Billy, who was completely silent and simply observing all this time, interrupts us by muttering under his breath, "Multiple Personality Disorder."