Halloween III: Season of the Witch Discussion

"Happy Happy Halloween. Silver Shamrock".

Hello everyone and welcome back to another chapter in my Halloween series discussion page. In today's update I wanted to take the time to talk about the ever so controversial Halloween 3 Season of the Witch. The only movie not centered on Michael Myers! So, Let's begin.

Background:

Ok, so first off, a little bit of background for this movie

Ok, so first off, a little bit of background for this movie. After the ending of Halloween 3 the producers wanted to make another film in the franchise. However, Carpenter only agreed to work on the film if it didn't involve Michael Myers. (Which is understandable since Michael was killed off at the end of the last movie). So, it was then decided that going forward that the franchise would move towards the anthology angle. An idea that in all honesty sounds more interesting because with each subsequent entry they can go ahead and tell a unique and different story every time with the newer films. So, they went ahead with this approach and instead told a story about killer Halloween masks that had no connection to the first 2 movies (although they did play the first film on the TV. Talk about meta). So, the film came out and people responded very negatively. People got real confused and wondered where in the hell Michael Myers was. After all this was the pre-internet days so people didn't know much about what goes on with the making of films like they do now. So, while the movie didn't bomb per say. It made its money back. However, that wasn't good enough so with the next film they went back to doing the same ordeal by having Michael Myers come back to start the killing again. Now, even though this movie got a bad wrap when it came out. Over the years it has garnered more positive reception and it has in fact become a cult classic on its own.

Plot:

I copied the synopsis because it was easier then trying to go about explaining this crazy plot

I copied the synopsis because it was easier then trying to go about explaining this crazy plot. "Hospital emergency room Dr. Daniel "Dan" Challis (Tom Atkins) and Ellie Grimbridge (Stacey Nelkin), the daughter of a murder victim, uncover a terrible plot by small-town mask maker Conal Cochran (Dan O'Herlihy), a madman who's planning a Halloween mass murder utilizing an ancient Celtic ritual. The ritual involves a boulder stolen from Stonehenge, the use of Silver Shamrock masks and a triggering device contained in a television commercial -- all designed to kill millions of children."