PROLOGUE

Haego was riding the bus home with a smile on her face. After years of struggle in her own homeland Seoul, South Korea, finally she was able to get a decent job in a time she needed it the most. So when she got off the bus, she decided to have a little celebration and the first thing she saw was the ahjusshi selling roasted goguma.

'Ahjusshi, give me some of those roasted goguma...my family will have a celebration tonight.', she smiled at ahjusshi.

'Oh sure! I bet it's really a good one since you are buying them from me for the first time...you always just look at them with a...sad look on your face.', ahjusshi mentioned while packing sweet potatoes for her.

'Here...I am giving you the all of them. These goguma are really sweet since my wife and I plant them with love...I'll give them to you for a discounted price!', ahjusshi said.

'Oh thank you ahjusshi. This is not a favorite of mine...but since you are giving me more for our celebration, I'll make sure to eat them with gusto. Thank you ahjusshi.', she said and paid for the sweet potatoes.

'Yes...I am just glad you don't look at them with misery anymore...I hope all goes well from now on...', ahjusshi said.

'Thank you again. Good night.', Haego said and walked with a lighter heart to their apartment.

Ahjusshi was right. Since the day they moved to that place, every time she returns from a hard day's work and get off the bus, she sees the roasted sweet potatoes and feel the hard day's work has doubled. She never buys them even if it was obviously her son's favorite snack. She knows her mom secretly buys it for her son and that was okay but not her. She never bought them until now.

Well, it's time to buy them. It's the start of better things for her, her mother and her precious son.

Ahjusshi was starting to clean up and go home when a big car slowly stopped in front of his stall. The windows rolled down and a young man popped his head out with a boxy smile on his face.

'Ahjusshi good evening. Do you still have some goguma left? I feel like celebrating a little tonight. I have not eaten them for a long time and I just know I can eat them now...', the young man said.

Ahjusshi was so sure this young man was very famous. He has seen him on TV many times but his bad memory is preventing him from remembering his name. Nevertheless, he felt bad that he has ran out of sweet potatoes to give this young man.

'I'm so sorry young man. My sweet potatoes were all bought by that young lady over there because she will also be celebrating something in her life....', ahjusshi said and pointed at the last customer who bought from him.

Kim Taehyung turned his head to the direction ahjusshi was pointing and saw a woman turning to a corner with what looks like a bag of goguma indeed. The street lamp at the corner casted a shadow on her and he did not see the woman clearly except for the bag of sweet potatoes she carried.

'It's okay ahjusshi. I'll just check other stalls as we drive back to the city. Have a good night then sir...', V said and rolled up his window and his car sped away.

Goguma or not, I'll bring something to our members to celebrate a milestone...I think I'm ready to open my heart again...first love never lasts...they fade away to mere memories as either being nostalgic or bittersweet. The memory of her would be neither though...I want to bury them and forget and that day has come... I am now ready make new memories with new friends-or FRIEND...., Taehyung smiled at the thought.

Kim Taehyung looked outside his car window searching for any other stall for roasted sweet potatoes and bring home to his friends for life. They will always create 'unrankable'---scratch that word---greater memories as BTS.