5 The Purple Blanket

But Kim Taehyung did come back to Baranes. Three months after leaving the island he hurriedly came back to tell Haego about the upcoming World Tour they will have and overseas schedule they are committed to that would prevent him from visiting her. It might take a year at least...

But Taehyung came back eagerly to tell the love of his life that after a year at least, he can and will marry her if she says yes. That's how sure he was of his love for her, that's how much he loves her---he is ready to settle down at 27, at the height of his career.

'Ahjusshi! Hello!', V greeted the boatman.

The boatman turned to V with a pale shocked face.

'Ahjusshi...I'm not a ghost. I'm really back...', V said happily.

'Vi-vincente...why here?', the boatman asked.

'Can you take me to the island Ahjusshi...I came back for Haegoya...', V smiled at the boatman.

'Huh!? But..but Haego not there...not here also...', Ahjussi said.

'Where is she? Did she go to the city?', V asked innocently.

'Huh?! Oh my...I want to drown now....', Ahjusshi said sadly.

'Ahjusshi what are you saying...don't drown I need to see Haego, let's hurry!', V said.

'My boy...my boy...Haego is not here...she went out...out for honeymoon!', Ahjusshi almost wailed.

V laughed out loud.

'Ahjusshi...I did not know you can read minds...yes I will marry her. Then honeymoon...', V said shyly.

'My boy...no marry...no marry Haego...she...she married with Mr. Santiago son!', Ahjusshi said with pain in his voice.

V was not sure if Ahjusshi was joking or acting or what. It's impossible for her Haegoya to be married! He wanted to get angry but Ahjusshi is the only boatman that can take him to the island. So he stepped in his boat and told him again he wants to go the island. Ahjusshi did not have any choice and they went to Baranes.

The house was still the same. Old but cozy when you look at it from a distance. He did not go to the main house though but instead to the quarters. When he stepped inside, all memories of him and Haegoya in that small quarters came back to him and a boxy smile crossed his handsome face. He went to THEIR couch and decided to wait for her there. He noticed though that the pillow and purple blanket is gone.

Where is she sleeping now?, he thought. His brain must have malfunction when he sat on the couch because he did not notice the frame on the other end...but when his eyes finally landed on a small frame showing Aunt Melly a bit pale but smiling happily as she is embraced by Haegoya in a beautiful white gown--his mind shut down. He took the frame and saw how beautiful his Haegoya is...even if she was not smiling...in her wedding picture.

His memory was hazy from that point on...the only thing he remember is that when he was walking out of the house, he saw the purple blanket hanging outside. He pulled it and brought it with him when he stepped back on Ahjusshi' s boat.

'What doing with a blanket son?', Ahjusshi asked gently.

'I'm gonna throw it away Ahjusshi. This blanket is old and worn and torn. It's useless.', V said and threw the blanket in the middle of sea.

****

Kim Taehyung did not want to go back memory lane. That moment in his life he considers as the one that hurt the most...when he saw that wedding picture...HER in a simple but beautiful wedding gown...

Since then he has trained his whole being that the moment he threw away the purple blanket was the moment he threw away Haego from his life as well...and over the last five years and including recently, he is convinced he has succeeded.

Then he saw her at the hotel. He was livid. He was glad that it was how he felt instead of feeling pitiful emotions like being hurt all over again...but at the bus station...

Kim Taehyung marched inside his room leaving Jimin and the rest outside. He poured himself liquor and drank it one shot. The drink was strong he had to close his eyes and the image of that man and Haego hugging flashed before his eyes he threw his wine glass away. It was not enough so he slammed his hands on his dresser table and threw everything on top of it, it made a slight cut on his hand.

Jimin came rushing in. 'Taehyunga calm down....', Jimin tried to embrace his friend because Kim Taehyung was about to go and rage and destroy everything in his room. They struggled as V wanted to throw a fit but Jimin was stopping him but they are of equal strength.

JK stepped in and helped Jimin and Taehyung being outnumbered surrendered and sat down on the floor. Jimin and JK let go of Taehyung once he was seated on the floor and both of them sat on each of his side. Then his other hyungs--- Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon sat on the floor across him.

'This is the last time. This is the last time that I cry for that girl hyung...', V said and cried his heart out.