8 - No Melody nor Lyrics

Haego's knees were so weak with hunger. She left in a hurry to visit the school she was planning to enroll her son and still be on time in the office. And then...that power struggle with Taehyung. She had no choice but to drop on her knees and beg for her job...a job she deserved.
There was no time to think about pride and honor...I was about to lose the job that would get my son better..., Haego thought.

She somehow understood where the hostility is coming from on Taehyung's side..but again she does not have the luxury to deal with him nor disturb the perfect life and career Taehyung has...she already have too much in her hands.

On the groud floor of Bighit's building where the security office is, Kim Taehyung was watching Haego carefully through CCTV. He was already late for their studio session with the rest of BTS but he was so curious again on what Haego would do after he fired her from her job. And seeing her going about her business as if she did not beg on her knees a while ago is making Taehyung feel guilty.
I am considered as an owner and can fire any employee I do not wish to work with..., he thought.

Then he saw Haego get up from her desk and was about to head out...he has a recording to go to but his feet was set to follow the girl he just fired...

It was a big mistake forgetting breakfast and my lunchbox...my knees are weak with hunger and I paid all of my cash to my son's school. Every Won I got is counted and buying lunch is not part of it..., Haego agonized in her thoughts.

Well I guess I can walk up until the next bus station and get some fish cakes...ugh! They look so yummy!!!

'Ahjumma, how much is per piece?', Haego asked.
'How much do you wanna eat?', Ahjumma asked back.
'Uhhmm, I only got 5 Won here...', she answered a bit embarrassed.
'Then here...eat 5 fish cakes...',Ahjummah then smiled.

'Are you sure Ahjummah? Please no charity...we are both working to earn money Ahjummah...', Haego reasoned.
'No one can tell me whom I can give my charity...its up to me dear...just eat then get back to work...', Ahjummah said and dismissed her.
'Oh, thank you ahjummah...I'll make sure this gives me strength the whole day...', Haego said. She bowed then walked back to her office. What a nice day after all..., she thought.

That's it? That's her lunch?, Taehyung said in his thoughts...
'Aish that woman!', Taehyung silently muttered. He has been following her from a distance using their anonymous SUV car. This is the car they use when they want to disappear. For now, he took out his wallet and looked for Ms. Yoo's calling card. When he found it, he drove away so fast because he was already late for the recording...

When she got back to her desk, Haego saw a tray of food,...wait expensive tray of food on her desk. She looked around to see if there was a wrong delivery or something but then she noticed Ms. Yoo's calling card. Her boss just treat her to lunch! First the Ahjummah, then her boss...it looks like the bad vibes from Oppa---Taehyung is being erased!, Haego smiled to herself.

Sejin also noticed Haego's expensive tray of food usually served to executives and their artists...
'Oh, enjoying your lunch?', Sejin asked.
'Ah yes sir. This is a treat from Ms. Yoo.', Haego said.
'Okay...good for you.', Sejin said and walked towards Ms. Yoo's office.

'Hello Mr. Sejin. How can I help you?', Ms Yoo asked.
'Has our company or the ESL school done any background check on her as a new employee?', Sejin asked.

'I believe so. I have requested for her papers and should be here tomorrow or in the next few days.', Ms Yoo answered.

'Good. Bring me her records when you have it...', Sejin said.

' Copy sir. If you want we can do our own background check---'.

Its okay. I'll look at her files first., Sejin answered.