Tonight's Tear

Spoken word title: Tonight's Tears

By: Ripple

4/30/18-10/06/18

Tears fall from the eyes that hasn't shed within years and for the first time in forever they flow like a gentle stream that recalls the special moments with her.

She said she hates people leaving her behind, but she's leaving him behind, she said she wants to be love, so he did his best to love, she said she hates being alone, so he never left and keep her company, she said she trusted him, but once she knew he liked and loved her, she no longer trusted him because he fell in love.

They say how deep you love is how deep the scar is, and this one is the scar that runs the deepest.

He was there on her darkest hours and nights, but on his darkest days she never appeared near. She has lost many friends and been hurt, so she keep her guard up even around him, but when it came to her, he lowered his pride, his wall, and his guard.

He knew falling in love will be painful, but he jump in knowing he will die like the snow wanting to be warm by the fire, but can never go so close.

She gave up on him, but he still believes, hopes the best for her, wants her to be happy and free, see her smile, see her face, hear her laugh, hear her voice. So one question he wants to ask her, cause he remembers her saying that she wish to be free, and that she doesn't want him to sacrifice his happiness and freedom for her. The question he wants to ask her is will she be happy and free if he let her go?

Cause he let go of the feelings, but not her yet, if he let her go, would she be free and happy?

Tonight a gentle stream flows from his eyes, but she, she will never know why.

It's not because she gave up on him

It's not because she don't believe him

It's not because she don't trust him

It's not because she don't love him

It's because he knew that he lost someone who is important, special, amazing, and meaningful in his life.

No words can describe her beautiful scars, and who she is

But I will always love you

I will trust you

I'll believe in you

And I'll hold on to you

But I'll also let you go

I'll be here when you need someone to count on

To love

To support

To believe

To care

To understand

I'll...be here waiting

Cause this place will always be a home for you...

To be yourself

And every night the tears fall down like the rain falling from the sky

Recalling the moments with her

The words repeatedly playing and ringing in his head

That she said to him...

Tonight tears fall from his face as he finds it in his heart to let her go, so she can be happy, and to be free like a soaring bird, like a beautiful butterfly, and like a free horse galloping through the grassland as the wind caresses your face.