[ 𝟏.𝟎𝟑 ] Throwback

━ ✧° ☾⋆⁺ ━

⠀⠀𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦.

⠀⠀𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙨 𝙚𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝘿𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙠'𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙. For hours, he wandered in the hallways of the school. He had no idea what he had to do to in order to find that woman. He only wanted one thing. To see his family again.

⠀⠀The full moon was shining in the sky when he was about to leave. After crossing the empty parking lot, he took a narrow, dimly lit path that led him to an inner courtyard near the lacrosse field. He stopped for a moment. The place was quiet and silent as in his memories.

⠀⠀Here at least, nothing had changed.

"You took some time." Someone said.

⠀⠀Derek stopped. This voice. It was her. Slowly, he turned around, a lump in his throat.

⠀⠀A silhouette emerged from the shadows. A woman walked towards him, noisily slamming her pair of black boots against the ground.

"I guess you remember me now." She said as the evening wind blew in her long blond hair.

⠀⠀Derek stepped back in surprise.

"K-Kate ?" He stammered, narrowing his eyes.

"The one and only." She replied.

"Your face..."

"I didn't do platic surgery if that's what you're wondering." Kate retorted in an amused voice.

⠀⠀She looked around.

"Do you remember this place ?" She asked. "We used to spend some time here together."

⠀⠀Derek swallowed, intimidated by her presence.

"It was you ?" He asked. "In my head ?"

⠀⠀Kate smiled at him.

"My new powers are pretty interesting, don't you think ?"

"That's impossible." He whispered, shaking his head.

"What's impossible ?" She asked, taking a step towards him.

"I'm still hallucinating. You're not Kate."

"Why ? Because I don't have the same charm I had when I was seventeen ?"

⠀⠀Derek was lost. None of this made sense.

"Tell me, why would it be impossible to believe that I'm still the same person, when you and I both know you're a werewolf ?"

⠀⠀His pulse raised so fast that he was sure she could hear it too.

"Don't worry." Kate whispered. "It will stay between us."

⠀⠀Derek tightened his jaw. She was clearly enjoying the situation.

"How do you know that ?" He asked.

"Because you told me."

⠀⠀He seemed unconvinced.

"I didn't tell Scott about and he knows it too."

⠀⠀Kate's smile faded away.

"Scott McCall ?" She asked, stiffening.

⠀⠀Derek nodded.

"Did he see you ? When ?"

"Yesterday, at the police station."

"What did he tell you ?"

"That I lost my memory and that he was going to help me find it if I trusted him."