[ 𝟏.𝟎𝟖 ] Funfair

━ ✧° ☾⋆⁺ ━

⠀⠀"𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙫𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙢 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙪𝙚. 𝘏𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦 𝘏𝘶𝘥𝘴𝘰𝘯, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘭𝘥. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘰𝘭."

"𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘺. 𝘐𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳."

"𝘍𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘬𝘶𝘭𝘭, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵. 𝘈 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘴𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘳𝘺."

"Lydia ?"

⠀Detaching her attention from the observations of the criminal investigation team, Lydia turned her head towards Stiles, sitting next to her on a small garden bench. Just like her, a deep expression of sadness was on his face.

"You're alright ?" He asked.

⠀ Still in shock, she shook her head while struggling against new tears that threatened to escape from her eyes at any moment.

Since the macabre discovery, everyone had left. Patrol cars encircled the mansion's entrance and police yellow tapes surrounded the pool.

⠀ The atmosphere was particularly gloomy.

"She died." She said in a shaking voice. "She died and I couldn't help her."

"Hey." Stiles said as he put his plaid sweatshirt on her shoulders. "It's not your fault. You couldn't know what was going to happen."

"But I should have felt it. I should have been there for her. I should have done something."

⠀ She paused and bit her lips.

"I could have saved her."

"Lydia, you're not responsible for what happened."

"I can't do it anymore, Stiles. I'm tired of finding dead bodies. I want it to stop."

"What if it doesn't stop ? What if this is just the beginning ?"

"What ?"

"As you said before, death can be an effect of the Dark Night."

"You mean the Dark Moon."

"Yes, whatever, you get what I mean ! If this story is true, then-"

"Maybe this is just the beginning and other people will die."

"I was going to say we should never go out at night again, but it's a pretty good conclusion too." Stiles replied.

⠀ Lydia sniffed.

"You should go see Aibee." She said.

"Who's going to stay with you ?"

"I think I need to be alone for a while."