Chapter 2

*Yuehua Performance*

"Ahh Yuehua," Cheng Xiao and Jade said. 

" Don't go easy on them," Jiequng said to the pair. The two girls looked at each other and replied.

"Wouldn't dream of it"/"I will be even stricter" The two girls replied. When all of the Yuehua trainees stood in front of the judges. Jade's eyes widened... She recognized two of them, her best friends. Why did it have to be them? She looked down at her hands not wanting anyone to see the tears in her eyes. 

Jade drew in a sharp breath and then finally looked up at the trainees facing her. Cheng Xiao looked at the girl in pitty. Everyone else, except Fan Chengcheng, Justin, and Zhuzhengting, was very confused. Cheng Xiao stood up in her chair and walked to Jade. 

"I know this is hard for you, but you are a mentor here and you have to keep it together," Cheng Xiao said to the girl. 

"Yeah, I know," Jade replied. 

*Storytime*

When Jade joined Yuehua to release music in China, she often visited the trainees. She would also get extra help from the dance and rap teachers. She grew very fond of 3 boys. Fan Chengcheng, Justin, and Zhu Zhengting. She related to Fan Chengcheng because they both had to grow up a lot faster than their peers. Justin was the little brother that she never had. She always felt like she had to take care of him. She also helped him and Zhengting with Korean when they had to go on Produce 101. Zhu Zhengting was the person she could always rely on and be supported by. He also helped her with her contemporary and ballet dance routines.  When she saw that they couldn't debut soon, she was devastated. As Jade got more popular, it was hard to keep in touch. One day all contact stopped altogether. The next time she heard about them, she found out that were in a group called NEX7. Jade was very happy for them, but was devastated there would be an even smaller chance of them reconnecting. 

* Present time*

"Are you okay to continue?" Yixing asked the idol next to him. 

"Yeah, yeah. I'm okay," Jade said. She then continued as if nothing had happened. Jade did the best to judge them unbiasedly,  even though Jackson was trying to cover her eyes. He was mumbling something about holy water and praying to Jisoo?? She somehow managed to remove his hand. Although she was a little shocked, she had seen things like this during training. She was okay. She really did judge them a lot stricter. 

"I have only one comment," Jade said to the group. This made their hearts stop for a second. 

"You are too far apart when dancing as a group. When you are too far apart all the things you are trying to cover up are amplified," Jade said. Yixing nodded in agreement

"Jade is correct. For any groups that are coming up here. You can not be too far apart, but you can not be too close together or else you will trip over one another. You have to find that perfect balance," Yixing continues.

*Time skip to after ChengCheng's performance*

[{CX: That was a little disappointing. I have to admit.}] [{JD: I know he could have done better. *Sigh*}]

"It needed more practice," Cheng Xiao said. Jade nodded in agreement. 

*After the rankings were given*

"Before you go. I hope that you all continue to jiayou. Okay?" Jade said to the trainees. She was looking at Chengcheng in particular. 

"Thank you, teacher," The trainees said. They then left. A few seconds after the trainees exited the area, Jade sunk into her chair and breathed out a sigh in relief. 

"I'm glad that's over," she said to no one in particular. Cheng Xiao patted her shoulder and gave her a comforting smile.