Fragile Wings: Chapter one

hi, i am wingless, thank you for reading or at least looking at my work. i makes me feel very happy that i can share my story with you guys. thanks for reading and hope you enjoy, please feel free to comment on what i should change or how i should develop, if you want to give me new ideas for the next thing in this book please do, i am open to all ideas. oh and by the way, this story should be actually called Fragile wings..., but i don't know how to change it :)

THANKS FOR READING AND PLEASE ENJOY :)

.............................................................................................................................................................

My heart pounded against my chest.

It's okay, new school, new people, i will be fine. Hopefully. i sigh again as adjusted the strap of your bag on my shoulder; i could feel the books jutting at odd angles, sticking into my spine. Flicking my long hair out my eyes, i peered out from my fringe. Looking to the gateway of my new boarding school. Why did it have to be so far away? Why did your mum let me go all this distance to go to an old school in the middle of nowhere? No one in my old school had even heard of the place when you told them at school. Sighing again i pick my suit case from the floor and walk towards the huge daunting gates, the snow crunched and crackled under my feet as i approached, they looked like the ones you get from a horror story, the creaky rusted black metal gates with wall either side with goblins and gargoyles watching my nervous face as i step pass them and through to my new home for the next three years. I glanced back at the gargoyles strange faces, each was totally different; each had human in them merged with a different animal, but every single one a monster. The snow had settled a light dusting over their strange faces, making them look like they were each hiding from me.

i looked down beside me to check she was still there, putting my hand down and resting it on her soft downy head, pushing my nervous hand into her grey fur and grabbing her scruff, letting my worries seep through those fingers and rise away from me; creating the dark atmosphere feel more eerie. Looking down again i seek comfort in the golden eyes of the she-wolf. Running my fingers through her fur, i tighten my grip round the heavy old fashioned suitcase, and walk further in, letting the world go round in fast forward as i pass the hurried students that didn't even give me a second glance. Didn't even puzzle at the silver and white wolf beside me, just shoved their way forward, thinking about their lives and their troubles. i nervously fiddled and toyed with the strap of my rucksack and swing the case unconsciously back and forth, i shuffle my way to the main building and where i hoped to find a sectary desk of some sort...

i manage to reach the tall doors of the castle like school and i touch the metal handle, a buzz runs through me from the handle and it swings open like a jack-in-the-box making me jump back with a shriek. But i hustle on as people start to stop and stare, i look down my face reddening, and i tuck my face deeper into the soft blue scarf. i inhale; taking in the old faded sweet scent of my mother.

"Can I help you?" i look up, snapping out of my daze and instantly shying right back into the scarf.

"T...ank...u, ye...pl...se" the scarf muffled my words, making the receiver send back puzzled looks with his dark eyes; i looked deeper into them, unconsciously stepping forward to take a closer look, trying to decipher their depth. He chuckles letting his blonde hair covering the dark hazel pools of his eyes.

"my names Zed," he smiled warmly, lifting his large hand, offering it to me. i grab it, my hand shaking under his. His brow furrowed, "may I be so inquisitive to ask your name?" i run through my thoughts trying to remember how to shape the words of my name.

"Sera," i smile in my weak way. "I am a transfer student, my mother..." i role my eyes nervously trying to stay cool; silently saying the rest of the sentence. my blush brightening at the awkward silence.