1.0

Charlie dropped his keys into the bowl with a sigh. Today was tiring and he was glad for it to be almost over. "I'm home!"

The first thing he did was head to the baby's room when he heard a giggle. When he appeared in the door, the baby screamed in happiness.

"Hi baby." Charlie cooed, reaching into the crib to pull out the brown eyed baby. The baby yawned, gripping onto Charlie's shirt. Charlie picked up the boy's blanket and binkey before setting off to find his mother.

"Mom?" Charlie asked, knocking softly on the door.
"Come on in." Marie called. Charlie opened the door, walking in cautiously. He dropped his backpack by the office door and held on tightly to the baby while walking into his mother's office, sitting in one of the red leather chairs.

"How was your day?" Marie asked, putting down the paper and pushing her glasses up so they were sitting on top of her head.

"Pretty good... how was the meeting about Luca?" Charlie asked, looking down at the baby and settling him in his lap before giving him his binkey.
"Not very well... the aunt wants him in her custody instead of mine..." Marie frowned, making Charlie frown and look up.

"She says I'm unfitting to take care of him, and she thinks she'd be better with someone he's related too."

Charlie's blood started to boil.

"That's my son!" Charlie argued. "He's your grandson! You two are related!"
"Yes but not by blood." Marie sighed, handing the paper to her ragging son.
"So just because I'm adopted, you can't legally have him! This is bull shit!"

"Charlie, it's not that I can't legally have him, Carly wants a blood relative to have him."

"Fuck Carly! She didn't raise him the last year! You and I did! She left him on our doorstep in the middle of winter! In a fucking box!"

"Charlie watch your mouth, your son is present." Marie warned as Charlie read over the legal paper.
Charlie scoffed. He's a year old he doesn't understand what he's saying.

"No, fuck this, I'm not giving them any permission to take him. I literally turn 18 in 2 months!" Charlie snapped, throwing the paper on the desk making Luca start to fuss, seeing how angry his dad was. Charlie sighed and began rocking the boy in his arms, kissing the top of his head. The crying instantly subsided.

It was silent while Marie looked over the papers and Charlie cradled his son, his annoyance disappearing once he he looked down into his baby's big brown eyes.

Nobody new about Luca... Not even Nate... not even Wes, his own brother. Only his Mother new... what about dad, you may ask. He's outta the picture.

When Wes came out as Gay, and his first reaction to this was telling him to get out and Marie simply responded. "Looks like I finally get to move!" And grabbed both her son's hands, dragging them out of the house.

That was the last time Charlie saw his dad. His mom wouldn't let either of her boys see him until he grew a set and apologized. Which he hasn't done yet.

"By the way Charlie, we have to meet with the mayor's son for dinner, and I promised I'd bring my son." Marie sighed, looking at her sleeping grandson.
"Ok... what am I supposed to do about Luca."
"Bring him."
"But-"

"I told him I'd be bringing my grandson, but I never said from which son. So calm your tits." Marie huffed, rolling her eyes.

Charlie rolled his eyes back. Dreading what was to come with tonight's evening plans. He was already stressed out enough and now he had to go get on with the Mayor and his family along with a room full of politics.