Chapter 10: Friends

Danielle's POV

*Flashback*

My mom finally came home and I explained everything to her. From the whole meeting Jeff thing to me coming home crying because of what happened. We had a long talk about everything. She agreed that Jeff and Matt could come over to see and prove that I'm not a liar. She has to be on a plane soon and I'm gonna be alone in my house. I have my phone to call her if anything happened. It sounds crazy being alone but I was used to it. I quickly ran across the street and rang the doorbell.

 "Oh uh hi. Feeling better?" Matt asked.

 "Sí, señor." I smirked at him. "My mother actually just came home so if you guys wanna come over so that I can prove your brother wrong then go right ahead."

"Jeff! Get down here right now!" He yelled out. "Yea we'll go."

 "What?" He ran down the stairs.

 "Hola Jeff. Mi mamá está en casa si quieres venir." I smirked at him. He gave me a confused look. I rolled my eyes. "My mom is home."

"Oh. Let's go prove you wrong." Jeff smirked. I rolled my eyes and laughed at the embarrassment he's gonna feel when he knows I'm telling the truth. We walked over and I noticed his expression change when he noticed I was serious. Eventually we approached my house and I opened the door. Jeff looked shocked when he saw my mom. "Wait! You were serious?"

 "Yea. I told you." I smiled.

 "I'm sorry I made you cry." He gave me a hug which shocked me.

 "Eso demuestra que nunca te metes con una chica latina." I smirked.

 "And that means..?" He asked.

 "It means to never mess with a Latina girl." My mom smiled. "I need to go to the airport. Bye sweetie." She grabbed her luggage and left.

 "She's just gonna leave you alone like that?" Matt asked.

 "Well yea. It's always been like that since my father died. My mom needed to make a living somehow so she still wrestles. Sometimes she just works backstage though." I fidgeted with my fingers. A look of sympathy took over their faces. It was hard not having my mom around. I'm usually alone for five days of the week. My sister's got their own place so there's no one back at home to watch me.

 "Hey I'm sorry I didn't believe you." Jeff rubbed my shoulder a bit. "Está bien. También sé honesto, yo tampoco me creería. Además de que eres un poco lindo." I smirked. He gave me a confused look. At least he doesn't know the last thing I said. Especially since we just met. "Basically its fine, I get it. I wouldn't have believed me either."

"Friends?"

"Friends."