CINCO

Catalina was dressed in her scrubs, keys and phone in hand

Catalina was dressed in her scrubs, keys and phone in hand. She was just about drop Elena off at school and then head to work. Ez had left earlier in the morning to go to the clubhouse. Apparently he was on mechanic duty. Luckily he had some experience fixing cars. Everything was going well with the three of them living together. They were a perfect little family. "Alright. C'mon, mija! Grab your backpack!" Catalina called out, opening the first door then swinging open the screechy metal door.

Elena came running around the corner with one shoe on and the other in her hand. She slipped her shoe on before her mom leaned down to quickly tie it. She then grabbed her bag and walked out the door. Catalina locker both doors and followed her daughter up the driveway to the open garage. She unlocked the car before Elena whipped open the door and got in. Catalina made sure she was locked in before closing the door and getting in herself. She took off her crossbody bag and put it in the passenger seat. When she opened her bag to put her phone away, she saw her key card wasn't there.

"Crap, I left my key card inside. I'll be right back" Catalina said, opening her car door. "Now look who's making us late!" Elena said. "I'm sorry. Here, you can play a game on my phone" She said handing her phone back to the child who smiled and took the phone without another word. Catalina got out of the car and fast walked to the front door. After unlocking both doors, she stepped back into her house and looked around for her card. She lifted couch cushions looking for it. It was nowhere to be found. She went into her bedroom and looked in her nightstand and under the bed. Nothing. Catalina then opened her hamper and rummaged through it.

When she felt plastic, she pulled the piece of clothing out. There was her key card still attached to her shirt. As she unclipped the card, the metal front door banged closed. She closed the hamper and started to walk down the hallway. "What did you forget, Elena? Your lunc-" Catalina's voice instantly shut off. She could no longer speak as her heart felt like it was beating 1,000 beats per minute. Her fingers became slippery causing her to drop what she had cane in for. Standing by the door was her ex-boyfriend Michael.

Catalina and Michael has dated for a while. Around 3-6 months, give or take. But it was all over for her the day Michael hit her. He had punched her in the jaw, knocking one of her molars out completely. Despite his begging, she called the police and got him arrested. Better in jail than in the ground when her father killed him. Elena was only five then. He was ordered to serve a three year sentence. She went through the court and got a restraining order against him for when he got out. But she never thought he would come back for her.

"I'm back, baby" He said, menacingly. She cringed at the sound of his voice. All she could hope was that Elena would wonder what's taking so long and come inside. "Why are you here? You need to leave or I'm calling the cops" She said, trying not to show how scared she really was. "You're not happy to see me? I mean, I suppose not since you got me locked up in jail for three years" Michael says. "You got yourself locked up as soon as you put your hands on me, you crazy piece of shit" Catalina says. That definitely enraged him. You could see it in his eyes.