NUEVE

Just as EZ and Catalina were about to leave Celia's apartment, EZ received a phone call

Just as EZ and Catalina were about to leave Celia's apartment, EZ received a phone call. "Hey, Pop" He answered as Lina began to walk down the stairs. She made it to the bottom of the stairs and the same man from earlier grabbed her forearm roughly. "Do you have a-" He didn't have the time to finish his question as Catalina grabbed his fingers, peeling them backwards off of her arm. She then twisted his wrist, pinning it behind his back. Of course her father had taught her self defense when she was just a teenager.

"That should teach you not to grab in women" Catalina said as she released the man who ran off. She turned back to EZ, who didn't look at all surprised. It's almost been a decade but she was the same old Lina. "Just heading back. Why? What's going on?" A second later, Ezekiel hung up the phone and jogged down the stairs, "We gotta go." "What's wrong?" She asked, walking beside him. "Pops called" He spoke in a hushed tone, "It's urgent." The pair quickly got on the bike and rode to Ezekiel's childhood home.

Catalina had so many memories there. When she didn't want to be in her own house, she was always welcomes there. It was her second home. Felipe has always been a father figure to her. The screen door to the house was open. EZ held the door open for Lina, allowing her to go through first. Catalina was met by Felipe and the man that she had previously seen sitting outside of their house. "You're the one who was sitting outside of our house" She stated. "My apologies. I'm Kevin, EZ's cousin and handler" He put his hand out which she shook. "Catalina" She introduced.

"I've heard good things about you. Sorry we're meeting under such horrible circumstances" Kevin said. Lina nodded. "What's going on?" EZ asked. "The US Attorney is about to hop into bed with the cartel. Your cover is up in the air. He's applying heavy pressure to both Galindo and his wife" He explained. Catalina's heart dropped. "The things I gave you on Galindo they were true but hardly enough-" EZ began. "It's not about building a case. He'll use it as leverage. Show Galindo enough to make him realize he's been under a microscope. Get him scared" Kevin stated.

"And this US attorney, he'd give the cartel a name?" Felipe asked. "He wouldn't have to" The FBI Agent answered. "If my deal's gone, I'll be back inside. DOJ won't give a shit about protecting me" Ezekiel said. "Wait, what?" Catalina interjected. EZ back inside? Gone? Just like that, again? Elena was just getting use to having her father around. She could lose him and neither could Lina. She was literally sick to her stomach. Catalina was beginning to feel so lightheaded that she had to grip to the back of a chair to support herself.

"Neither will the DEA. You'll be dead before you're assigned a cell" Kevin said. "Dead?" She could feel tears pricking at her eyes, biting her tongue to try and keep the tears back. "I never thought I'd say this. But you need to run, primo. Take your girl, your kid. Get whatever you got and go. I can get you some IDs, decent passports" He suggested. Run? If it meant that she got to be with Ezekiel and Elena got to keep her father, she would do it. Take Elena and leave San Pedro with EZ. They could go to the East Coast, Maybe New York.