God you're deplorable, Spow

The pesky blue square had been taken care of. It lay shattered on the ground. The fight had been stressful, and painful, but it was finally Over. After the Treeangle piece had smashed itself into King's head, Spow had thought it was done. She thought King had died, but before she could fully comprehend the thought, geometric centipedes began sprawling everywhere. Spikes surrounded the tower and sky above. King was still alive and kicking.

The blue square had made it up to the tower. They had tried to claim King's crown to instead be blown away. Spow had been told to stay at the top of the tower, being reassured by King that he would be fine. After it all, and the blue square began the "battle" with King, his form shattered halfway through to reveal a new look. Spikier, sharper, and very angry. After breaking the square with his teeth and swiping the shards off the tower, he rested his head on his tower, tired. Spow rushed over and put a hand to King's cheek.

His breathing was heavy, he was sure that fight could've been his end, and that would've been embarrassing. A giant centipede monster slain by a tiny blue square. What kinda ruler would he be then? Minutes passed of Spow sitting with him in silence. Her presence was enough reassurance to him everything would be fine. After his factory was shut down by the tiny blue square, no more corruption happening, he began to worry. The factory was a large part of his plan – create corruption from the piece of the Treeangle he put in there. Without it, there was more chance of resistance to his title as ruler of the land.

"What now?" He questioned suddenly. He was one of the most powerful being in the land, and defeated the one thing that was currently trying to knock him down. King nudged Spow closer to himself with a spiky limb in a sort of hug – as well of a hug as a giant spiky centipede monster could give to a tiny human. "Should we...Try to fix the factory?" Spow suggested after a moment of thought. "I don't know if I can," King began, "I...Don't know if I could squeeze into the factory to corrupt the Treeangle piece again, and...Besides, what if I go down there and there's an army waiting to try and fight me? I'm already exhausted enough," He explained with a huff. Spow nuzzled him slightly before looking at him again, "Is there...any way I could try and fix the factory?" She asked before seeing his eyes widen a bit, "I-I don't want you to possibly get hurt down there, Spow," King said in a low tone as he looked away.

"King..." Spow began, "I want to protect you as well. You mean a lot to me – helping regain the factory is the least I could do as a thanks. Do most of those shapes even know who I am?" She questioned, rubbing her thumb along one of King's spikes around his head. "As long as that square stays dead...I don't think any of them would know who you are," He responded. "Then, I don't think any of them would try to attack me, and besides..." Spow grinned, "I could easily beat those shapes." King let out a low laugh as he nudged Spow slightly. "You're right..." He said with a sigh, "I'll stop stressing so much about you, I promise." Spow smiled, "A little bit of stress is fine, King," she laughed. "As long as it isn't so much you're a nervous wreck, it's okay to be anxious. Seeing you so stressed makes me worry about you in return," Spow looked down.

King nodded and lifted his head, "Are you ready to go down there, then?" He asked in his normal, corrupted-sounding voice again. Spow nodded and King slowly moved to wrap another spiky limb around Spow to lower her down the tower. Before he began lowering her down, she smooched his upper jaw – too bad he was too big for her to successfully kiss his lips(?). King blushed a bright pink before trying to return the kiss on the side of Spow's face. He slowly lowered Spow down to the ground below by one of the many entrances to the factory. Along the way down, she saw centipedes skittering across the tall tower.

As she reached the ground and felt King's spiky appendage unwrap itself and retreat. In the distance, she spotted the shards of the square he defeated. A sad-looking square, boat, and helicopter surrounded the shards and Spow huffed before she climbed down into the factory. She'd have to be quick if those shapes were planning anything with those remaining shards of the square...