Misfortune Caverns

There were hundreds of warnings being talked about around the geometrical lands. Do NOT enter the cave on the east side of the hills. There were stories of shapes never returning, being found dead, or being found injured. This scared most off, but the daredevils on the other hand got a kick out of the warnings. A pentagon and circle found themselves going towards the cavern entrance one day. They had snuck out at a time they knew no one would question what they were doing.

They nodded to each other (as well as shapes can nod), and entered. They hopped along, looking at the mushrooms on the walls that lit up the cave. It seemed peaceful here, not dangerous! As they continued, however, they noticed the mushrooms changing color. The walls became a duller color and all birds chirping that was able to be heard from outside the cavern before was gone. The pentagon started to get nervous, but the circle continued forward full stride.

Before they could reach the next area of the cave, Pentagon spoke up a bit, "Should we really have gone this far in??" its voice echoed, making it jump. "Yeah, why shouldn't we have?" Circle asked in return. "Um..." Pentagon paused before 'looking' up at the now bright pink and spiky mushrooms covering the walls. "What if we're the first ones to make it through the cave! What if there's something amazing on the other side?" Circle pressed on. "C'mon." They began to hop forward again.

The cavern suddenly opened up, revealing a larger area. The two shapes glanced at each other before hopping forward once more. A sudden crash was heard as something moved in the darkness ahead. The two shapes froze as a figure suddenly appeared from the darkness. Three circular 'fingers' gripped at the stone ground as it pulled itself forward. A large, pink, and circular shape didn't even give a warning sign before swiping its arm at the pair of shapes.

They squealed and turning around, avoiding another lash from the monster's other arm before speeding down the way they came into the cavern. It chased after them, shooting lasers at them before finally landing a hit on the circle. Pentagon hurried forward, not looking back. It made it out of the cave, hearing a crash behind as the monster got stuck at the entrance and retreating back into the cave, staring at the Pentagon as he did so. The pink shape had kicked something out of the cave – the shards of Circle. Pentagon gasped a bit and hurried off to find someone to possibly help.

Next time, maybe they'll listen to the warnings before deciding on what to do. Circle was revived by QB and became a lot more mature after the experience – it began thinking before taking actions.