The accident

2 years. that's how long I've been gone. i just sighed and looked at myself in the mirror. i'm still a single Pringle and i'm a happy mother to 1 dutch German Shepard. yes i'm one of those people. i love my doggies even though they're all under the age of one. i got out of my brand new jeep wrangler and got  Sarge out of his cage and  headed into my friend Taylors little office. "Hey Ashleigh." "Hey Taylor. here is my fur ball and i hope you have fun with that. I hopped into my jeep and went literally diagonal from her office to my work as a bounty hunter and i smiled. i loved my job. i headed in with my Starbucks. "Hey Marshall." he smirked. "You're late." "No i'm not. and if i was it wouldn't be for the fact that i had to drop off the pups." he laughed. "How are they?" "They're fine. Sarge is turning one today so." "Aww. well we have a few people coming in to help us today with a few jumps and may stick around for a bit so get along and put a happy face on." i chuckled. "When am i not happy." he glared and i looked at my phone. 5 minutes of looking on social media i heard a voice i dreaded to talk to and come face to face with his son's. "Nice seeing you again Marshall. Where is the person you've talked so highly of." i ran into the other room and grabbed a water bottle. well my marine water bottle. i came and leaned against the wall and no one noticed me as Marshall was briefing on the subject. "We might need a little more help on this guy and no Cody not the help you're thinking. we need an animals help." that's when i spoke. "Marshall what about Sarge?" that's when all eyes were on me. for some reason my eyes darted to Duane Lee and his eyes were already on me. his eyes were filled with love? Marshall snapped me out. "You think he's up for the job?" i smirked. "Your asking me? the girl who owns a dutch German Shepard's and had him trained? to be honest my dogs maybe younger then one but they know better. well Sarge turns one today." Marshall smiled. "It's his birthday present. Get Taylor to send him here. Knowing Stone ad Smoke that if they saw you you're in trouble." i laughed and right on cue Taylor came in with Sarge. "She already called me." she looked at me. "That's him?" i looked at Duane Lee then her. "Yeah why?" she smiled. "He's cute." i scoffed. "And married." she frowned." "His crate is already in the SUV if you were wondering and you got everything else. Now i have to go tend to my job and my dogs before they do something." i laughed. "They'll just organize everything." she glared at me before leaving. Marshall looked at me. "We have 4 cars. Me, Cody in one car, Tim and Dog in another, Beth, Leland, and Lyssa in one and finally that leaves Ashleigh and Duane Lee." i glared at him and he said suit up. i hate him. i went outside and Sarge laid down by my feet and i suited up. everything was in my jeep from last night. "You forgot this." Duane Lee brought me my coffee and i took the coffee and didn't look at him. "So you talk about me?" i didn't answer." he looked down at me. "Talk to me. please." i looked around before speaking. "Damn i left my gloves and cuffs in my jeep!" i heard a whimper and a paw on my leg. we both looked down to see Sarge with my gloves and my cuffs in his mouth. i giggled and took them out of his mouth before giving him a treat. "Good boy Sarge." "you still have the cuffs." i looked at the cuffs and saw what it. Duane Lee got me cuffs with my name on them for Christmas. i sighed. Marshall came over. "Hey do you want your birthday off?" my birthday was in a week and 3 days. "Rain check on that one." he nodded and got in the car. "Sarge up." i let Sarge i the back and Duane Lee shook his head as i didn't put him in his crate and he just sat there. we were on the road for an hour and had another 2 hours til we were at where we needed to be to get the brothers. Duane Lee Spoke. "I got divorced." that's when i really looked at him. "What?" "Me and Theresa got divorced. i divorced her." i just looked out the window and kinda smiled. "She wasn't the one for me and i should have realized it sooner then later before the girl i loved left." i frowned. who did he love that left? Sarge barked and i looked at him. he was trying to find something comfortable to lay down at. i giggled and got my backpack and got out his blanky and laid it down. "There you go buddy. better." he barked and i smiled. Duane lee looked at me before looking back at the road. "When did you get him?" "right when i got here. i visited Texas for a little bit before i came here and i found him on the side of the road with other puppies. i took them to the vet and the rest died besides him. The guy that helped me with all the puppies ended up dying in a crash that night and he was a police officer. he was a Sargent." "That's his name isn't it? Sargent. Sarge for short." i nodded. "She made you leave but she didn't tell me what she threatened you with. what was it?" i grew silent then. luckily for me they said we were here so we hopped out and headed to get one of the two fugitives. Me and Duane Lee stood outside the house as the rest covered the house or talked to the mom. i looked around and saw multiple cars and the saw the backyard. "Ma'am do you know what cars your son drives." "Yea Josh drives a beat up blue ford and Jonathan drives a brand new dodge." i looked behind Duane Lee and smirked. a beat up blue ford. "I knew it." he looked at me as i calmly went and got Sarge out and then headed to the truck. "Make sure she doesn't see." i looked in the back and saw a crow bar. i smiled and used it to get into the truck." i grabbed something out of it then held Sarges collar. i let him sniff it and he already had a trail. i unhooked his leash from his collar and held him. "Ready Sarge? 3, 2, 1. gehen." i let him go and he went sniffing. he went up on the porch and the lady went to kick him. "You touch my dog i don't care if you're wanted you and me will have a problem. he's just doing his job." next thing you know Sarge bolts to the back. i run and Duane Lee is behind me. "Shhh!" next we heard a scream.  i smirked and next thing you know is that we find Sarge with Jonathan in his grasp. "Good boy Sarge." i put his leash on and tell him to stop and he sits at my feet. "Where you're brother Jon?" he looked at me. "You're blood sucker should smell him. we're twins. we have the same smell." i sighed but Sarge was pulling me so when Leland and Duane Lee weren't looking i went off to find him. "Ashleigh get back here now!" i laughed as i heard Duane Lee over the walkies and then Marshall came over. "Sarge has a trail and when he does she does to. we don't call her our felony finder for nothing." i laughed and Sarge and i were crossing the road when i looked over to see Josh in the dodge coming straight at me. i let Sarge go and i got him. last thing i hear is Josh getting away in the dodge and Sarge whimpering and nudging me to get up. I blacked out after that.