Chapter 14

"Wife, I want to eat meat" 《娘子,我要吃肉》Chapter 14

The matchmakers were rowdy until nightfall before leaving with an excited vigour, in addition Xia Ling Mei had agreed to persist tomorrow.

Wang residence side courtyard was brightly lit, a hubbub of voices, the main courtyard however was a serene darkness, an indescribable stillness, the dinner the maids have delivered remained on the table, without being touched, on a normal day people would have still come to enquire about his well-being, tonight even mosquitos could not be seen.

Juan Shu stepped into the main courtyard, he couldn't help but utter: "There's only the laughter of the young, where do you hear the crying of the old."

Wang Yun Feng stood rigidly inside the house, he did not turn his head: "Is there someone suitable for her?"

"Oh dear, master relax, the requirements the mistress is looking for in a husband cannot be achieved by ordinary people. In my opinion, it would take half a year to pick one."

Wang Yun Feng coldly snorted, putting the book in his hand without thought into the bookcase: "How many officials are there in such a small place like Chenzhou who are above fifth rank, the highest ranked fourth rank Lord Hua already has a proper wife, he also has two sons from his first wife, that temper of Ling Mei absolutely will not consider a man with a wife."

Juan Shu happily laughed: "The mistress said if he's not an official she will accept him, as well as a hero of the Jianghu."

Wang Yun Feng had just picked up a book before smacking it down: "Those in the Jianghu

are impulsive and bossy, unable to distinguish right and wrong, not clear of black and white, even if he fulfils her requirements for a husband, he might not be able to protect her properly. Don't think people of the Jianghu only has one proper wife, a majority of men in the Jianghu would keep one or two concubines, if Xia Ling Mei finds out, she would tear

apart their skin."

Juan Shu shuddered: "That, what if the lady returned to Beiding city, to find a husband amongst the influential families of the Imperial City?"

Wang Yun Feng was drinking tea, the tea had been boiled in the afternoon, the maids only remembered to go where the crowds were, simply no one came to change it, his heart was anxious, pouring cups after cups of tea from the cold teapot. Cold and bitter tea went down his throat, making him shudder a few times. Thinking about it for quite a while, before slowly saying: "If she really returns to Beiding City, I'm actually not afraid."

Everyone knew Xia Ling Mei is Wang Yun Feng's first wife. Apart from those who held power in the Xia family, somewhat very few people knew the Wang residence's mistress had long ago deserted the place. That year, after Xia Ling Mei had forced him to sign his name on the divorce documents she had left by herself, he did not make it known to the public he had already divorced his wife, he only said to the people of Wang and Xia she was seriously ill, unable to meet visitors deep inside the residence. Therefore, at the end of every year Xia Ling Mei returned to the Xia residence, outsiders would only think she was feeling a bit better, using the new year to return home to visit the family. The Xia family wouldn't tell others their daughter had been divorced, Wang Yun Feng restrained his own family, no one could ask to see the mistress to disturb her recuperation.

Over these years' people have obscurely suggested to present him with maids and concubines, they were all scared away by him well-known as the grim imperial censor. Any man, after marrying for ten years without a son from his first wife would be sufficient to make people raise their eyebrows, only Wang Yun Feng was unconcerned, apparently he wasn't to set on having son to succeed his title. Those intelligent, did not dare to rashly offend the