Chapter One

Lassiter trekked his way through the halls of the familiar precinct. Passing his partner's desk he quickly came back to it. There was a woman sitting on Juliet's desk in a black long sleeve dress that came to her mid-thigh with a small matching black belt. She wore matching black platform heel sandals. Her red hair was pulled up into a messy bun.

Moving in front of her. "I'm detective Carlton Lassiter, head detective here at Santa Barbra P.D."

Looking up from her cell. "Evian." Going back to her phone.

"No thanks, I'm not thirsty." Straightening his tie.

She looked up at Lassiter clearly not amused. "That is my name."

"Evian!" Juliet screamed from behind her partner.

"Juliet!" She hopped off the desk and ran over to her.

The two screamed some more as they hugged. Lassiter covered his ears walking away from the two screaming girls and to his desk.

Pulling away. "What are you doing here?" Juliet asked.

"Gucci needed a new manager here. And since I was being moved up to manager I took it."

Juliet's jaw dropped. "You are working for Gucci!"

"Yup and managers get a sweet discount."

Shawn and Gus approached. "Julies who is your friend and where have you been stashing her?" Shawn said.

"This is my best friend Evian. We've known each other since middle school."

Holding out his hand. "I'm Shawn and this is my amigo in arms Stinky McMasterson."

"Nice to meet you, Shawn and Gus." Shaking both their hands.

"I told her all about you guys," Juliet said.

Gus spoke up. "Why doesn't Evian join us for lunch? The more the merrier." He smiled at her, hitting his nose with his thumb. As he tried to act cool.

"Can you?" Juliet asked excitedly.

Nodding. "That would be great. See you around Carlton. I'll make sure to have some water on me next time." Evian waved at a glaring Lassiter.

Gus positioned himself to sit next to Evian. "So you just moved here?" He asked.

"Actually what Gus and I like to know is do you drink bottle water of yourself? And do you find it awkward in any way when and if you do and when others do as well?" Shawn asked.

Gus shook his head. "I don't think that."

"You don't have to answer that," Juliet said.

Laughing. "Oddly yes I do like to drink Evian water and no it's not awkward when I do or see other people doing it either."

"That would be weird for me." Said Shawn.

Halfway through lunch, Juliet got a call from Lassiter. "Can I come?" Evian asked when she hung up the phone.

"You should stay here," Julie said leaving quickly.

Minutes later Shawn and Gus showed up to the crime scene with Evian. When Lassiter saw them he made a noise.

Making his way over to them. "What are you doing here? And with her?"

"Getting some Evian for Evian." Shawn held up the plastic bottle of water and handing it to her.

"I thought I told you to stay?" Juliet walked up to them.

Biting her bottom lip. "To her defense, she gave a compelling argument," Gus said.