Déjà Vu

I sat at my desk amidst a large, menacing stack of accounts that I needed to review by the end of the week. My position as Finance Director at Charlotte Finance Management, Inc., made having a workload of this caliber a normal occurrence. I slid my black, wire-rimmed glasses off of my face and pushed away from my desk, my shoulder length bob swung with me and smacked me gently in the face as I came to a stop. I leaned back and took a deep breath to try to catch a moment of relaxation. Sighing deeply, I pinched the bridge of my nose, attempting to remove some pressure from my face.

'For once, a quiet moment,' I thought as I took in the silence of my office. My body had just begun to thank me for the moment of peace when I was pulled from my reverie by a soft knock on my office door. I sat up quickly, meeting the eyes of my assistant, Liam, standing in the doorway.

"Yes Lee?" I asked.

Working closely together the last few years, Liam and I become fairly close, so we were on a nickname basis with one another.

He looked at me, shaking his head slowly. "Mmhmm....Somebody needs some shut eye I see. Do you even know what PTO is anymore?"

I chuckled as I joked, "Yes and yes smart one! But as always duty calls," I stated, pointing behind me to the mess of client files on my desk.

"Well chile that mess will have to wait because someone's here to see you..." he trailed off, a sly smirk forming on his face. He slowly pivoted and walked away from my desk giving me a look of mischief as he walked out of sight.

As soon as I began to think of who this visitor could have been as I was not expecting anyone, he appeared in the entrance of my office and as always when I lay eyes on him, my breath caught in my throat. Smiling like the Cheshire Cat, my hazel eyes met his sweet, greenish brown ones as I drank in the sight of his gorgeously built 6'3', 243 lb. frame.

Leaning against the doorframe, he wore a royal blue and black Polo shirt that clung to his upper body deliciously well (especially in the area of his arms which were my absolute favorite part of his body

Leaning against the doorframe, he wore a royal blue and black Polo shirt that clung to his upper body deliciously well (especially in the area of his arms which were my absolute favorite part of his body....well, my second favorite 😜), his profession showing in his broad shoulders, arms and chest. He wore a pair of relaxed black jeans that perfectly fit those legs that powered his explosive on-field speed, and on those big feet of his he wore a pair of black Nike Boots. A messy but sexy mop of soft, jet-black curls capped his frame, slightly dampened, signaling he'd recently showered.

Seeing him was respite from the day I'd been having. As had been the case the last year and a half of my dating him, he always knew how to make my worries and problems disappear. His presence alone could put me at ease, and let's not mention what that damn smile of his was capable of. His smile was what my dreams were made of, and he always knew how to make my dreams come true by just flashing it...I must have been admiring his handsomeness a bit too deeply because he loudly cleared his throat as if to hint for me to rejoin him in the moment.