Trust Issues

Luke better gon' head before that bottom lip get bit 😍😍
(Main characters name is pronounced Sawd-druh btw 😬)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The hazy sun shined through the curtains, rudely pulling me from my sleep. I glanced at the clock on the nightstand: 7:46am. Waking up alone, I immediately wondered why he wasn't there. I usually slept poorly when he wasn't next to me, and this time was no different.

I blinked at the clock again, not believing the time.

He should have been home HOURS ago....last night to be exact. His game ended roughly around 1130, so there was no way he shouldn't have made it home.

After texting him to tell him how well he played and other cute messages to console him on their loss to the Saints, he told me he was showering, doing a quick interview, then heading out for a "beer with the guys".

I haven't seen or heard from him since.

I hopped out of bed and went to the bedroom window, not seeing his black Yukon in it's normal spot. I got a sudden urge to check the theatre room, silently hoping he'd simply gotten drunk and fell asleep in there.

I was stewing upon finding the theatre room empty.

Anger, confusion, and worry ran through me. Luke never failed to come home, especially without calling or texting that he was going to get in late.

I called him twice, both calls going directly to voicemail, and I didn't have any new or missed texts from him.

I knew he would have gone out after the game with either TD, Shaq, or Greg, as they were the closest to him on the team, so I decided to hit their ladies one by one, to see if anyone knew anything.

The first call I decided to make was to Kelly Davis. Kelly's like my sis and TD tells that girl EVERYTHING, so she may have some info. She answered on the first ring.

"Hey boo," she said softly, her southern accent thick.

"Hey sis, I hate to call you so early in the morning but did TD step out with Luke last night after the game?" She didn't immediately respond. "Kel, you there?"

"Ummmmm...yeah boo, I'm here. What did you say?" She asked, and I started getting pissed. 'Here I'm trying to find my dude and you not even listening to my ass', I thought.

"I asked if Luke went out with Thomas after the game. He told me he was going out for a beer with the boys but never made it home and I haven't heard from him since."

"Um yeah Saud, they went to Draught last night. TD, Luke, Mayo, and Shaq. TD got in around 2. And what you mean Luke ain't make it home? Have you called him?"

"Of course but his phone keeps going straight to voicemail. Can you ask TD what time he was last with him please?" I asked, my worry beginning to grow.

"I got you boo, hold on..."

It was muffled in the background, but I could make out Kelly asking Thomas what went on last night. As I struggled to make out what they were saying, I heard a very loud and clear "WHAT!!!???" come from Kelly.

I instantly knew shit was about to hit the fan. I froze, waiting for her to speak.

"Saud, you still there?" Kelly asked apprehensively, as if she hoped I wasn't.

"Yes....What's going on? What he say?" I asked, waiting for her to tell me the bullshit.

She sighed deeply answering, "Soooo apparently, Thomas left Luke at the bar around 130. Everybody had pretty much already left but Luke wanted to stay behind......with Shannon."