ch. 4 | The Storm

Kyrie POV:
________________________________
I woke up in my new house in my new bed. I slept peacefully last night. Even though I was still upset with the fact that Corey never answered my calls and never explain why.

I rolled over expecting to be met with Corey but was met with a damn note again.

I rolled my eyes, and snatched the note and read it.

Hey, ma. Had to leave out for a second to handle
some business. Call me when you wake up.
-Corey

I rolled my eyes. I was sick of his shit.

I climbed out of bed, and went to the bathroom to release myself.

I finished up my morning duties in the bathroom, and made my way out the bathroom.

I grabbed my robe and put it on.

I grabbed my phone from the charger, and decided to try and call Corey.

I decided on FaceTiming him. It rung and rung, before it finally said "Unavailable." I chucked my phone on the bed in irritation, and rolled my eyes.

I'm getting sick of this shit. I decided to call my brother Kayce to see what he was up to, and to tell him to bring my damn baby home because I miss my child.

He answered on the third ring.

Kayce: What's up sis?
Bring my damn child home.

He laughed.

Kayce: My niece and I are chilling. She good. You just enjoy that nice new house.
Wait. You knew?
Duh. Why'd you think I took Kenzie?
I can't stand you, you could've told me. I thought he was cheating on me.
Girl that damn boy loves you, and besides if he cheat he has to see me.
Bye, Kayce.
Bye, Lil sis. Kenzie will be home the weekend.
The weekend? It's just now Tuesday.
You'll live. Now, bye.

Before I could say anything else the phone made a sound indicating that the call had ended. I put the phone back on the nightstand.

I went downstairs to fix me something to eat because I was hungry as hell.

I made it to the kitchen, and opened it hoping that Corey ass had stocked it.

It was just my luck that he did exactly that, the fridge and freezer was filled.

I checked the time on the stove to see what time it was. The time was 11:12, it was technically lunch time. I decided to cook fried chicken, homemade macaroni & cheese, green beans, and rolls. My favorite meal to cook and eat.

I took the chicken wings out the freezer and put it in some cold water for it to thaw out. I preheated the stove to 350 degrees. I took a big pot out from the cabinet, and put some water in it and sat it on the stove so the water could boil. I grabbed my seasonings out the cabinet which consisted of: accent, season all, garlic powder, and onion powder. I put some oil in my deep fryer and turned it on so the grease could get hot.

I went upstairs while the chicken was unthawing, and the water was boiling to get my phone so I could try and call Corey again.

I grabbed my phone, and dialed his number. It rung and rung and rung, and then finally went to voicemail. I was getting worried. I decided to call Shad, and the same thing on his end.