ch. 25 | New Beginnings

4 months later

Kyrie POV:
__________
To say that the last few months of my life were eventful would be an understatement. I found out four months ago that I was pregnant yet again with Corey's baby. I was very excited, but also nervous to be pregnant again. I could not take losing another child. I barely got through losing Corey and I first child, and now with him gone I have nobody that will have me like he did. I know my brother Kayce, my parents, and my girls will be there for me. I desperately needed for this baby to make it to earth alive.

I was in such a daze, driving that I hadn't realized that I made it to the restaurant that I was meeting Kayce, Layton, and some mystery guy. Kacye and Layton felt it was time for me to dip my foot into the dating pool again, and besides I had promised Kayce I would go. I was nervous, yet I had a feeling of excitement that was slightly taking over me. I parked the car, got out, and headed towards the entrance of the restaurant. As I made it to the door a man with a mocha complexion, and bald head approached me.

"Excuse me, but I will open the door for you. A lady should never touch a door when a real man is in her presence." He said opening the door.

I made an impressed face.

"Well thank you sir." I said while smiling and walking into the restaurant.

"The pleasure is all mine." He said.

I walked up to the hostess stand, and told her I was meeting three people here, and that they are probably already here.

"Are you Kyrie?" The hostess asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Okay, great. Your party is already here and waiting on you." She said as she ushered me to follow her.

"Sir, I will be right back to assist you." She told the man that opened the door for me.

I walked to the back and I was met with Layton and Kayce.

"Hey yall." I said as I sat down in front of them. We were sitting in a booth.

"Hey sis." Kayce said.

"Hey hoe." Layton said.

I laughed.

"You so vulgar." I said.

"Chile you aint just now knowing that. So please don't act brand new." She said shooing me off.

We all laughed including Kayce.

We stopped laughing, and we all picked up the menu to begin looking at the selections. 

"Layton, I haven't saw you nor the rest of the girls since we went out for my birthday." I said flipping through the pages.

"I know right. It's been 4 months." Layton said.

"Yeah, I have some news to share with you, the girls, and Kayce." I said.

"What is it?" Kayce and Layton said at the same time.

"So Kayce, you know how I was sick the morning of my birthday and you just swore up and down I was pregnant?" I said.

"Yeah. Kayce said as he nodded his head and gave a look.

I laughed.

"Well, the day after my birthday I went to my OBGYN, and she told me I was 10 weeks pregnant which is about 2 months." I said. So, I am a little over 6 months, but you can't tell because I am not really showing.

"What? You are lying! Stand up! OMG!" Congrats bitch." Layton said.

"Man, I told you ass you were pregnant." Kayce said irritated.