Ch. 9 | Start Of Something New

Kyrie POV:
_____________________________
I was driving down the highway headed to Malik's house.

I have a doctors appointment and of course Corey did not answer the phone when I called him.

He didn't even come "home" last night like he said he would. At this point I was just over it all.

I was stuck in the big new house all alone, because my parents insisted on keeping Kenzie, so that me and Corey could patch things up. Instead, I was stood up, and stuck binge watching Married to Medicine, which I didn't mind watching but would've rather been fixing things with Corey bean head ass.

I was so deep into my thoughts that I didn't even realized that I had managed to pull up to Malik's house.

I honked the horn three times and on the third honk, he was running towards the car.

He opened the door, and got in.

"Hey girl." He said as he put his seatbelt on.

"What's up? Thanks for coming." I said putting the car in reverse.

"You know it ain't nothing to a nigga like me." Malik said.

I laughed.

"Sooooo." He said.

"So what?" I said.

"What's the business between you and C-Money?" He said.

I laughed.

"Who the hell is that?" I said

"My bad, that's his street name. I'm talking about Corey." He said.

"Oh." I said dryly.

"Yeah, so what's up with y'all?" He said.

"Um, nothing's up." I said as I pulled up to the doctors office.

"Yeah, there's definitely something up. Why am I here and he ain't. I obviously know he's your baby father." He said.

"You don't know that." I said getting out the car and walking towards the entrance.

"Ma, don't even front. Don't even do that." Malik said following up behind me.

"Don't do what?" I said turning around midway in my tracks coming face to face with him.

"That." He said as he stared into my eyes deeply.

Our bodies touched and I could feel his body heat up and I'm almost sure he felt mine.

I felt the sexual tension build up between the two of us and I knew i had to get myself out this trance before something transpired that I couldn't take back.

I walked off and continued to head towards the entrance of the doctors office.

I made it in, signed my name, and took a seat.

Just as I was sitting down, Malik walked in, and took a seat right beside me.

I was at the doctors office today because I had hit my three month mark. My anticipated due date was May 5th, the same day as Kenzie's birthday.

Corey had missed everything and the thought of it really broke my heart.

My thoughts were cut short due to the nurse calling my name.

Kyrie Carter.

I got out of my seat, and walked towards the door.

"You want me to come with you?" Malik asked.