4: Past

"Percy, there's someone here to see you!", the chipper blonde said happily, stepping into Percy's little cubicle space

"Thanks, Lynn", Percy smiled, looking up from where he was fiddling with his camera. The blonde nodded and walked away, heels click clacking across the floor.

Percy set the little screwdriver down, though he still tightly gripped the camera in his hands, before pushing himself up out of his seat. He stepped out into the open space, simply expecting to see his mother standing there. He was wrong. A blonde had been standing next to one of the floor length windows, head down until he heard the tapping of Percy's feet.

Shit. "You're Steve Rogers-", he said in surprise, camera falling to his feet where it smacked against the ground. Percy flinched in acknowledgement. Well, if it hadn't been broken before it most certainly was now.

"I am", Steve chuckled before holding up the paper from a few weeks ago. "I believe you took my picture."

Percy furrowed his brows, fiddling with his fingers. "Do you, uh, do you not like it?" 'Captain America still reads the newspaper?'

"No, no, it's fine. The picture is fine."

"Oh, good! Wait, then, what are you doing here?"

Steve tilted his head slightly, confused himself now. What was he doing there? He supposed curiosity had just gotten the best of him. "Do you wanna get lunch?" That question surprised both of them.

Percy stood there for a few moments, blinking in surprise. Eventually, a smile spread across his face. Had Captain America, the Captain America, just invited him for lunch? "Uh, yeah! Yeah, okay."

October 12, 2018