2.Grim reaper and wall companions.

This chapter dedicated to the one and only my favorite LalaWahm

The day started the same, the sun fading the moon and constellations, people buzzing off to work and few people like me who prefer ignoring the robotic scheme of living, tend to stand out. The reverse game is played though, instead of me giving them bewildered look they look at me like a deranged species.

Reaching school, I walked up to my locker, my body emitting radiations of camouflaged confidence and roar.

By my locker stood a girl, petite body and Auburn hair. I stood behind her and cleared my throat. She turned over and smiled at me with those glistening eyes. My glaring game wasn't working well, as her smile never wavered a bit.

Raising my eyebrow I asked her "what?? "

"I am Danielle, nice to meet you! " she said with that smile plastered on her face.

Ignoring her I gathered my books and started walking to my class. But she came over and stood in front of me, blocking my way. Completely infuriated and enraged
I pushed her, causing her to fall. All the books scattered and the sneaky laughs of people walking by engulfed the fallen figure.  She looked up at me with still a smile playing on her lips. It scared me, something about that persistent curve made me feel weak and guilty.

Shrugging off the thoughts I started back to my class when she stopped me again abruptly. She stared at me, something questioning in her gaze, a tint of foreign emotion that's hard to decipher.

"I'm sorry for annoying you, but as you see I'm new and I have a problem of finding the right class. Can you please guide me?"

She didn't seem to be afraid of me or disgusted by my behaviour as she talked to me like absolutely nothing happened a few minutes ago. I snatched the paper from her hand and directed her to the class.

"Thank you, Eleonora, " she said and hurried to the class.

I entered the class, and sat at my usual place, second last bench, beside a window. I looked around the class only to find a black hooded figure sitting opposite to me. His legs outstretched reaching up to the seat ahead of him, arms folded and head hung low as soft whispers of music can be heard from him which must be blasting in his ears.

Wondering about all the new people being in school today seemed a bit off. I turned to the last page of my math notebook and started completing the leftover sketch.

The class started to settle and Mr.scott walked in. He is our math teacher and the only person I like in this school. He started with the explanation and it went on until an echoing yawn filled the class. Equally annoyed as Mr.scott, I looked at the black hoodie. Completely unfazed by the scene he created. He looked at Mr.scott and said " what!! It was boring, anyways it was an involuntary reaction of my body to symbolist  crap "

Mr Scott laughed and walked up to him

"Eleonora had the same issue when she first joined here, I must say I'm glad to have someone like her again. "

"We already have a gang member, we don't need another", said a boy, whom I remembering punching because he was invading my personal space.

" yeah we don't need a mafia in our school, " said a girl who by looks seemed plastic.

I preferred to stay silent and not answer their incoherent mumblings.  But I saw him staring at me, those black eyes stared straight at me. I ignored the glare and adjusted my gaze to my book.

"If I am not wrong this grim reaper beside me is the girl you're talking about right?"
He questioned Mr.scott keeping his gaze fixed on me. To which Mr.scott responded with a nod.

Baffled by their responses, I glared at Mr.Scott who gave the most sheepish smile ever. And the black hoodie didn't even blink for a sec.

"If I am the grim reaper, then I must say you to be prepared for your funeral. I plan to do it soon "

The bell rang and I was the one to walk out first . The rest of the day went the usual. He being in almost all the classes with me and annoying me with those bizarre set of eyes.

My place for lunch wasn't canteen but an old brick wall, mostly a canvas for graffiti. Being broad enough it was comfortable and the vista it offered was captivating. No people, no judgements and mostly no PDA.

The sandwich made up for the exhausting day I had, my attention was drawn to the two birds on a tree. Chirping inside their nests, their body still devoid of feathers as naive as they could be. The sharp beak of their mother feeding them was more affectionate than anything I've ever seen. Snuggling closer they drifted to sleep. The feeling of home, I hope people could learn it from these nesting species.

As I reached for my leftover sandwich I found Danielle looking up at me. My brows creased as she helped herself to sit on the wall.

'Hi again, the canteen is too suffocating. I think I'll be better here " she said taking a bite from her apple.

"Don't come over here again and don't talk to me again "

"Why? I think we could be good friends "

" I pushed you earlier this morning if you remember at all "

"Well, it's okay, at least you don't let people down."

"You're gonna regret." it I tell her as we both finish our lunch, without talking much.

"I've gone through so many regrets, that I know how to avoid them now. You're not a regret, I know that for sure. And one multiplied by one is always one, but one being formed by combing two halves is always a comforting ideology to me "she spoke so effortlessly.

It was time for my art class which was with her, I jumped off. And started walking up to the class Daniella following me behind. It was hard for her to catch up with me because of her tiny legs, so I slowed my pace.

" I knew I won't regret it, " she said as I pretended to ignore it.

Authors note ;
So here is the update. Sorry for any sort of mistakes I wrote this chapter on my phone. Hope you all understand.
Please give me at sort of reviews on this book. It might be a bit of down the hill for now but I'm sure you all will love what I have planned for you all

Do tell me what you feel about Daniella.

Like
Comment and
Share please

Loads of love.
Belle