Chapter 10~ party dont start till i walk in

For the part people probably have been waiting for

Drummmmmm rolllllllll

+++++

Amberlys pov

+++++

If a house could be bigger then River's it was Carter's. I could hear River laughing at me on the other side of the car. I walk over to him.

"I don't know if I belong," I whisper in his ear while looking at all the other guests. I take a deep breath.

"You'll be fine," he whispers back taking my hand. I stiff up a bit when I see a familiar face staring blankly at River and I. I weakly wave and Put on my best smile. I probably look like an idiot. Pulling away from River I run over to Marlee.

"Hey," my voice cracks. As I stare down at my shoes.

"Thought we were coming together huh?" Marlee's tone spells anger. I gulp.

"Uh well um"-"having to much fun with River," she hisses cutting me off.

"No uh..." The words don't come out.

"Crawled into his bed yet spent the night?" She rolls her eyes and stalks off without my answer. She doesn't even turn around to see if I'm following her.

"You okay?" A husky voice asks behind me.

"No I'm not," I don't even look at River I just run off into Carter's house.

The home is filled with people taking shots, dancing, and doing other 'lovely' things. I spy Jamie and Carter sucking faces in the corner of what looks like a living room. I roam around, looking for some place quiet, which doesn't happen inside so I next go to the backyard. The backyard is filled with sparkling lights. Although there's people outside its much more quieter. I walk over to the tiki bar thing to order a water. I needed to sit down then find Marlee.

"Hey what can I get for you?" the attractive bartender asks.

"A water please," I flash a fake smile to make it look like I'm having fun. The boy disappears in the bake and soon then later comes out with a cold glass of water. "Thank you?" I didn't know his name.

"Mark," he says winking at me. I leave before anything else happens when I bump into a rock solid body.

Abbbbbbbbbbssssssssss. I think.

"Sweetheart, just don't go running off without me," River Hills fills my mind.

"Sorry just my friend Marlee..." I stop after that.

"Ya I heard," when he says that all the the blood drains from my face.

You've got to be kidding me.

We are silent for a bit until River grabs my hand.

"Let's go try this again," just hearing his calm voice slows my heart and makes me crack a smile, a real one. We walk back into the fanatic house, music blasting and the noise of people talking. Then it all starts people eye River then follow his hand which is holding mine. We both hear a few whispers

"What's River doing with her?"

I keep smiling no matter what I hear, and so does River. In what seems like a life time People go back to talking. We both find a seat in the living room.

"I'll be back I'm going to get us some drinks what will you like?" River asks. I shift in my seat.

"Just a water," River gives me a weird face then nods understandingly, then he walks away.