XI. BLACK COFFEE

CHAPTER ELEVEN
black coffee

     Hogsmeade was comforting and sweet and warm

     Hogsmeade was comforting and sweet and warm. The chilly autumn breeze floated through the air, the sweet smell of pumpkin spice and all things cinnamon wafting through the village as Sirius and Isabella walked down the winding path. This would be her first time in the wizarding village, and she was in awe at the adorable little shops and the scenery.

     She had decided that Autumn was her favourite season now.

     Despite Sirius' recount of what happened the night after Slughorn's dinner, (she wanted to hide under her bed and stay there forever when she heard what they did) she still felt content.

     Acorns lay scattered on the stone paths, rolling under her boots. They were no larger than a lemon sherbet and were tinged with the colours of oak brown and dark yellow. Isabella crouched down to pick one up, admiring it. It was the little things like this that made her enjoy life.

     "You like acorns?" teased Sirius.

     "I find them cute," she shrugged.

     "Let's go find the others, I'm supposed to meet them soon."

     This would be the first time that she got to properly be around the Marauders. She followed him down Hogsmeade, noticing all the stares she was receiving by the other students when she walked past. Ever so often some elderly witches and wizards even gave her a slight smile as they walked past. This just reminded her of home and who she really was.

     Three girls that were huddled together walked towards them, each giving her a hard glare as the group came closer. She looked down at her feet, feeling uncomfortable as she inched further away from Sirius.

     He looked at her in a questioning manner before he saw the three girls.

     "Hi Sirius," the three said in unison.

     "Hello ladies," he said, grinning.

     The girls started giggling in response, their eyes big and their mouths stretched into a flirtatious smile.

     "Members of my fan club," he muttered with a shrug when they walked past.

      Isabella shook her head in amusement. How ridiculous!

     They entered a cosy inn — the Three Broomsticks. The smell of different magical drinks surrounded her like perfume, the ambrosial scent of coffee leaving her mouth watering.

     It was crowded but gave off a warm vibe nonetheless. A group of girls decked in yellow were huddled in a corner, laughing and drinking Butterbeer. A couple was busy snogging each other's faces off in the corner, causing most of the students around them to sit in an awkward silence as the couple made questionable noises. Random wizards and witches were scattered around, laughter and chatter bouncing off the walls.