chapter 1:A ghost in the city

Y/n's POV

I returned home, at last and I remove my helmet and armor and put all my gear away in my home, which is a 4 story mansion. I live by myself and I have no problem with that, I'm a man with many enemies, I cant let anyone get hurt for my actions. I'm now currently wearing a plain black shirt and black sweat pants and a eyepatch on my left eye. I'm sitting in my living room with my tv on and I'm seeing what's on the news. The reporters already got notice about my little stunt....... Good I need to make them fear me and I have to show them what happens if I see you in vale, doing illegal business. I made sure to cover up my tracks by burning down that warehouse and all those bodies in the process. I'm 100 percent sure that no one could figure out I was there, it'll lead them to a dead end.

3rd person POV

Y/n turns of the tv and makes his way to his bedroom and starts going to bed, not removing the eyepatch and slowly starts to sleep. But by the docks at vale the atlas military were now investigating the scene of the crime and look at the remains of the men and the building's pieces. General Ironwood was also at the scene seeing what his men could find.

Ironwood:"What have you found?"

Atlas soldier:"Nothing sir we only found burnt bodies with bullet holes in them and it seems whoever did this are no mere thugs, we're not even sure if its human, maybe faunas?"

Ironwood:"What about any surveillance video around or inside the building?"

Atlas soldier:"Well sir it seems the camera's around the area have been destroyed."

Ironwood:"Destroyed? By what?"

Atlas soldier:"It seems by a bullet, we were able to get the recording but it seems damaged, so we're having our specialists repair the footage."

Ironwood:"Excellent. I want that recording on tape as soon as possible, as soon as its been fixed!"

Atlas soldier:"Yes sir!"

The atlas soldiers continue their investigation on the area and still are coming up empty handed, just then a man and woman walk up behind General Ironwood.

Ironwood:"I was wondering when you'd get here. Just didn't think it would be this soon."

???:"Now, now James you know I'm always early as I can be."

Ironwood then turns around to see professor Ozpin and Glynda Goodwitch.

Ozpin:"How have you been James, I hope your not having too much trouble trying to find our little culprit?"

Ironwood:"We've come up empty handed, we cant find anything here, whoever this is sure knows what their doing."

Ozpin:"They sure do, it seems we are not dealing with a average person, assassin, merc, or perhaps even someone who we dont know all entirely."

Ironwood:"Do you have any idea who would do something so horrific?"

Ozpin:"James look at this body."

The two look at a burnt body that had a gun in his hand.

Ozpin:"From the looks of this body it seems he either committed suicide or was forced to."

Ironwood:"Still someone is going around and is trying to be a one man firing squad."

Ozpin:"It also seems they are playing the roles of judge, jury, and executioner. I have no doubt they may be on a violent path, for their own reasons."

Ironwood:"I'll deploy my men here in vale and have them find whoever's doing this."

Ozpin:"That won't be necessary."

Ironwood:"Why is that?"

Ozpin:"My students have been training for things like these now it's time I put them to the test and see what they're all made of."

Ironwood:".......... Very well Ozpin. But if they kills a student what then?"

Ozpin:"Then I'll have to use the same tactics as they have."

Ironwood:".... This must be the most foolish thing you've ever done."

Ozpin:"I know,I know and I'm willing to face the consequences."

TO BE CONTINUED