Prologue

For Centuries the sacred magic of Divine Crystal blessed our world and its people. But in time the promise of its power brought a war to our lands. Lucis, a peaceful kingdom of great magic kept safe by the power of the crystal. Niflheim, a military empire of vast machinery made strong by the might of its Magitek. Long has war raged between the two. As the years passed, Niflheim marched on nearby nations driven by its unsurpassed technology. To defend itself, Lucis raised a magical wall the strength of which comes from the crystal itself. Insomnia alone, the crown city and last bastion of Lucian defense remained beyond Niflheim's reach for many years. Amid the escalating war, Prince Noctis of Lucis had come to Tenebrae to seek healing for a grievous injury. He made the long journey together with his father, King Regis. It was then that the fires came, everywhere and all at once. In a mere instant, the whole of Tenebrae was ablaze. The Niflheim attack was an attempt on the lives of the visiting Lucian royalty and to take the Ring of the Lucii from the King its self.  The ring of Lucii, harboring the souls of Lucian rulers of old, the ring allows its wearer to channel the power of the Crystal but drains away one's life. From that day, Tenebrae has been gripped in the iron fist of Niflheim sworn enemy of Lucis. As a countermeasure action, King Regis assembles a force of mighty warriors to combat the imperial menace. Dubbed the Kingsglaive they fight relentlessly against Niflheim empowered by the magic of their sovereign. But, this action was proven to be a failure. As Niflheim manages to steal the crystal from Insomnia and killing its King, destroying the last bastion of Lucis Kingdom. Driven by the rage inside of him, the young prince, Noctis Lucis Caelum fights to regain his throne together with his companion and to end this endless war. With great sacrifices, he manages to do it, but this is not a story about Noctis. This is a story about his son, (Y/n) Lucis Caelum, the sole heir of the Lucis Kingdom and the 115th king that sat on its throne. He continues the work of his father to bring back the glory of Lucis Kingdom. With a brilliant mind of his, he manages to do it. Not only he manages to bring back the glory that the Lucis Kingdom lost, but he also manages to take back all of Lucis's territory from Niflheim and making Niflheim crippled to its last leg. Forcing Niflheim Empire to make a move, sending an envoy to Lucis kingdom to talk about peace offer to stop more loss of life.

In the throne room of Lucis, King (Y/n) is sitting on his throne, accompanied by his most trusted Advisor, General, and the Kingsglaive Captain. The King dressed in a royal family outfit similar to King Noctis's outfit before his final battle again the Chancellor of Niflheim. Waiting for the arrival of Niflheim envoy to their Kingdom.

"Our victory is assured, Your Majesty. There is no need for us to listen to what the Niflheim envoy has to say." The General spoke.

"We all aware of that, but as a Kingdom that represents the voice of our people, we need to show respect and honor to the other nation." One of (Y/n) advisors replies to him.

"Respect and honor? Where are their respect and honor for us thirty years ago? I tell you where. It was the assassination of our king and the destruction of our city. That is how they show us respect and honor." The Kingsglaive captain said with anger in his voice.

"Either way, All of Niflheim territory will fall under our jurisdiction. Whatever they have to say, Lucis will rule over Niflheim. It's only a matter of time." The King said.

"But what if it's a trap! What if they after the Crystal as they did in the past?" The Kingsglaive captain reply.

"Don't worry. It won't."

"How can you be so sure, Your Majesty?" The Advisor said.

"How? Because today it's not like the past. Today we don't hide behind our wall and the protection of the crystal! Today we don't have a traitor within us! Because today, we are not the ones who cowered behind our wall, but they are."