Prologue

Karmie

Cabs everywhere, men and women in suits hurriedly  pass through the sidewalk. The billboards with dynamic neon lights started to be more evident as the sky gradually turn dark. Like any other day, it has come to an end.

Watching the busy streets of New York City, made Karmie savor the sensation that all things, no matter how much you hold on to it, has an end. That despite years of hardwork, she was ousted due to one single mistake. She lost her job, credibility and her career.

With a heavy heart, she sat within one of the city's fine dining restaurant looking through its glasswindow.

Karmie is the practical kind, it was rare for her to splurge, let alone for an expensive wine. But at that moment, she couldn't care less. The taste of the bittersweet liquid running on her tastebuds seems to satisfy her craving.

She needed to move on and accept the harsh reality of the PR world.  However, no matter how she looks at it, she comes back to one question. What's next?

' Hello' her trail of thoughts was cut by a man in navy blue suit. With his blonde hair, blue eyes and refined facial features, one can't deny that he is a handsome fellow.

'I'm John Lewis Schmidt, pleasure to meet you'. Smiling, he held out his hand towards her. Though adamant, she shook his hand.

'Won't you at least give me your name?' he asked when she didn't replied.

She didn't know when he had pulled out the chair across her but the moment she diverted her attention back to the table from looking at the street, John is already sitting across her.

'Karmie, I'm Karmie Johnson' she thrived giving him a carefree smile which she failed miserably. While she's not oblige to answer him, she didn't want him to suffer bad company just because she is experiencing a bad day.

'Oh, so you are the infamous PR Consultant of Fledgewood and Co.' he beamed that had her shook her head. She took a last long sip of red wine, therefore emptying her glass.

'Was' she answered briefly. Deep inside, she's hoping he won't ponder more. Everything that cause her downfall that day is still fresh to her memories and she didn't want to lash out on him.

'Oh, so seems like its my lucky day then' he told her enthusiastically. For a while, she fumed for his insensitiveness until his next words.

'I need people like you to join my team' he offered pulling out his card. Her attention caught on the bold letters under his name 'MGC's Head PR Consultant'.

MGC or the Mithweald's Group of Companies is known globally in the fields of airlines, hotels and real states. The Mithweald family had been dubbed as the ones blessed with Midas touch or ones with innate greatness in doing businesses.

'I have a spot open, its yours if you want it' his remark surprised Karmie. She sighed heavily knowing full well that something is up.

'What's the catch?' she querried that had John look at her expectantly.

'Why do you think so?' he replied whilst putting his hand over the other and leaning closer to the table.

'There is no free lunch in this world' Karmie isn't one to accept things easily. She grew up as a hardworker so she hated being handed something for no apparent reason. Let alone being offered a job by a stranger who just randomly accepted her.

'Fine. You see the MGC heir, Grey Mithweald is in need of a good PR practitioner and I think you are perfect for the job.' This further furrowed Karmie's brows.  Feeling the need to expound, John continued.

'Well as you know, Mr. Grey Mithweald had been living in Greece. However, the CEO, his father felt like its time to pass MGC to him but unfortunately the son is quiet unmotivated and has quiet reputation so the CEO asked us to scout a PR practitioner for him'  he explained. Based on his words, Karmie weighed the pros and cons she will incur.

Pros: One, it can help her redeem her career  Two, if things go her way, she will also gain popularity that will boost her credibility that will make her one of the top in demand PR practitioners in the industry.

Cons: If she didn't succeed, it will back fire on her and leave her jobless. At worse, she may ended up, quiting the industry.

'So will you accept?' John broke her trail of thoughts. In a heartbeat, she answered.

'Yes'