Labor

Cassie's POV [Edited April 29th 2020]

   Babies are beautiful, such fragile little and adorable. When I deliver them I here there cries for their mother, and father. When the new mothers hold their daughters or sons, they smile and let out tears of joy.

   I let them hold them for a few minutes before I take them to do annual checks. When I'm done I check on the mothers and leave to get a birth certificate. They name their children by the time I get back with the ink pad.

   I gently take their children and place them on the examination table. I firstly ask for their names, once I'm done taking their names, I sign my name to verify the child's birth, so that we have records of that in case of emergency and other reasons. But I take the ink pad and gently press their feet and toes on the paper, I wipe the ink off their little soft feet and put it gently on their hands. I make sure they were okay and that I wasn't hurting them.

  I gently press their fingers on the paper, and then again wipe the ink off. I then take a pink or blue beanie and carefully place it on their heads. Before I put the blue or pink blanket on, I weigh them, and measure how long they are.

   Then I put a dipper on, and wrap them into the color blanket. After that I check on the mother to make sure no complications are after the delivery. Once I do an exam, I leave the new parents to their children.

   Present time

  I got up, at 4:00am, I don't know what I'm doing yet for work, but I do know that I'm working with my old friend Mike. I haven't seen him since medical school.

   Once I got up I went to take a shower. Once I did I got out and put on my pink scrubs, along with my doctor's coat.

  I put my hair up in a low messy bun

  I put my hair up in a low messy bun. On the way downstairs I took my phone, keys and my pink stethoscope. I walked out the door making sure I locked the door before I left.

    I walked to my car and left for work. Once I walked in I walked to my office. I set my stuff down and walked back out to talk to the nurses.

   I got to the nurses station when I saw Mike walking in, I smiled and he smiled back at me. I continued to talk to the nurse "Can you check my schedule, I think I have an appointment with a mother and father, their little girl needs a checkup" she smiled and looked it up.

   She nodded confirming my question, "They will be here at 7am and then you and Doctor Mike have ER today" I nodded, and waited until mike came in. I walked over to Mike, "Mike how are you I haven't seen you since medical school " I said hugging him. He hugged me back.

   "I know so good to see you again, and look at you your a pediatrician. Always were very good with kids" I laughed "well looks like we have ER today. But your coming with me to an appointment with new parents, and their baby girl just for a checkup " I said. He smiled "Sounds good Cass" I smiled and we walked to my office to talk.

   Once we got there I opened the door and held it open for Mike. When he was in he pulled a chair up, I sat on the rolly stull. "So your on YouTube? " I asked and opened my YouTube. He laughed "I am yes" I nodded and looked at the video thumbnails.

  "Oh you know what you should do for your doctor reacts" he chuckled "what" I said back "Saving Hope, it's an amazing show and I love to watch it" he chuckled "I will react to that" I smiled. We talked until the nurse came in, "your 7 is here" I smiled.

   "Thanks, are they in the examination room?" she nodded, I smiled and looked at Mike "okay let's go" we both walk I had the chart in my hand as we walked to the room.

   I knocked on the door and opened the door, "hello again jasmine, Thomas, and let's not forget Sophie " I said smiling at them. "I'm here for a checkup with my co-worker Doctor Varshavski" he smiled and held out his hand.

   Jasmine and Thomas both shook his hand me and Mike both had the rolly stools, we sat down. I asked some questions, "okay so has she been sleeping " jasmine smiled "for once," I chuckled. "Yeah well that's how it works, right" they smiled.

   "Have you had any pain jasmine " I asked she shook her head. I wrote it all down. "Okay so today, I'm going to be giving her a flu shot, chicken pox, and measles. But before that we are just going to do additional things" they nodded.

  "So may I give Sophie to Doctor Varshavski" they nodded, I carefully took Sophie she sqwermed and made a little cry. "Oh sh sh it's okay Sophie" I gave her to Mike and she made a little sigh.

  "Okay so I'm just taking my light and checking her ears and eyes okay" they nodded and sat there nervously. I walked over to Sophie and Mike and carefully touched her head. I moved the light from ear to ear, I then opened her eye, taking a different kind of light, perfect pupil dialation.

   She made another little noise. I smiled "ah perfect ears are clear, pupils dialated " I walked and put my ophthalmoscope back on the holder. "Can you confirm the date of birth I asked, "06/15/05" I smiled and put it in the charts, after I put it the computer.

   "She is eating okay yes" I asked, they nodded, "but she has been heating up a lot" I looked at them, "your sure" they nodded "did you take her temper" they shook their heads and looked down. "Doctor Varshavski is she burning up right now" I asked. He held her with one forearm, and put his backhand up to her forehead.

   "She is yes" I stood up and grabbed a thamomater. I scanned her head, "temp is at 103.5 fever, she has the Flu, once I give her the shot she should feel better in a little if two weeks or longer, it takes one week for the vaccine to activate. " they sighed in relief....