How to: Change the plot

Shisui was still staring at me as I looked up at him with pleading eyes. He slowly thawed from being frozen in time, a huge grin showing up on his face.

"You absolutely can be my number one fan, Ten-chan!" he whooped. I grinned and launched myself at his legs, holding them tightly in a hug,(Somewhere in the background I heard some snickering and a camera click.) Shisui squeaked a bit.

"My first act as your number one fan is to buy you food!" I exclaimed, staring up at him. He sort of nodded robotically, still smiling, and still a pit in shock. "What kind of food do you like, Shisui-sama?"

Shisui said nothing, I imagine still processing. He was still smiling, but every time I spoke, he would zone out for a minute or two. That's when Itachi Uchiha stepped in, "He likes yakitori," He stated, monotone, but definitely amused.

"Ah! Wonderful! I like that too!" I barked, "You can come to..." I waited for Itachi to respond.

"Itachi Uchiha."

"I'm Tenten, Itachi-san!"

Itachi smiled playfully and nodded, "I know."

I grinned at him happily, before turning my attention back to Shisui, who was making a disgruntled face, at presumably Hiro-nii, "Shisui-sama, can we go now, or do you need to finish training? I know training is an important part of any shinobi's career, and since you're so awesome, you must have to train a lot. That must take a lot of hard work and dedication," Shisui looked at me, "I really appreciate that kind of stuff, 'cause when I sit down to read my books I always fall asleep, so I get it if you need to finish," My rambling finally ended, with me smiling in what I hoped was a serene way. Hopefully my mother would be proud.

Shisui shook his head with a goofy smile, as though trying to focus, "We can go now, I guess, Ten-chan."

"Oh! Awesome! I truly feel honored that you would put your training on hold for your most humble number one fan!" I bowed exaggeratedly, and Itachi chuckled, "Are you coming with us, Itachi-san?" I asked innocently.

"Not this time, Tenten-chan," His serene smile was much better than mine, I was sure.

"Okay! Let me know, and I'll buy you your favorite food!"

Itachi just patted my head and shunshined away.

I gaped at the spot Itachi was just occupying. I already knew about shunshin, so it wasn't really that surprising, though it was pretty wicked cool. "That was awesome! How'd he do that?" I exclaimed, mostly to give Shisui a way to show off to his new number one fan.

"It's called a shunshin... I taught him that myself." Shisui had taken the bait, and honestly sounded quite proud of himself.

"Really?! You must be really good at it then!" I called, staring at him in awe. My gut twisted a little bit. I didn't like manipulating him. He seemed to be a genuinely nice guy, and I knew that he had been through some shit. I felt awful, honestly. It was for the greater good, but that didn't mean that I didn't feel like trash.

"Well," His chest puffed up proudly, "They don't call me Shunshin Shisui for nothing, you know."

I gaped again, though this time a little less extremely. I didn't like putting on a mask, so I'd try to at least reduce how much I was pretending.

With that, I grabbed his hand and dragged him past Hiro-nii, who was still holding a camera with a smile, and out of the training grounds. As I pulled him through the streets of konoha, I started putting my plan into action.

"You know, I've been working really hard so I can be a shinobi as awesome as you! I've been reading a ton of books. I know I have to work on tha basics first! Anyway! Right now, I'm reading intro to international politics. I figured with the Kumo-nin visiting, it would be a good time to read up on our relations with them! I actually found a really recent book!" I took a breath and Shisui stared down at me a little curiously, but still smiling and nodding. I counted it a miracle that my plan had made it this far, so I just kept going, hoping for the best.

"Did you know in the last Great Shinobi War, one of Kumo's main goals was to take the byakugan? I mean, it is a pretty OP doujutsu. Like the Sharingan, you know? So I thought to myself, 'Hey! That's pretty wild! Small world, and all!' So I looked into it! I had to get some more advanced books about politics. My mom had to let me into the Genin section. Did you know Kumo accepted our proposal for a treaty meeting really fast. Like normally it takes about three times longer, and a few meet up negotiations first, but they agreed to Konoha's terms right off the bat! Isn't that weird? I guess they were just scared of all our awesome ninja and didn't want to risk it. Anyway, I stopped by the Hyuuga compound, just to try and talk to them about their relations with Kumo before, but they wouldn't talk to me! Eventually I tried getting over the compound wall, and they got real mad! They caught me pretty quick, which I thought was surprising considering how few guards there were. When I brought up that I was researching Kumo-nin, they got real stiff. I think they still have some bad blood, but if they did, why wouldn't they have more guards while the nin are here?" I looked up at Shisui, as though I was actually asking a question, but he ignored me.

We were still walking through the town center, but Shisui was just staring straight forward with his brow scrunched up, and a concerned look on his face. Suddenly, he stopped and pulled me in front of him, so he could look me in the eye. A few of the nearby villagers gasped, probably thinking he was going to attack me or some shit. Shisui smiled at me and patted my hair, "Wow, you're really good at research, huh, Ten-chan? I can't answer your question right now, but I will later, okay? Unfortunately, I think you'll have to take me out for Yakitori some other time, okay? I'll find you, but right now, Shisui-nii has some work to do, alright?" He was smiling warmly at me, and I smiled back.

"Of course! An awesome shinobi like you probably has a lot of work to do!" I smiled at him, "You promise you'll let me some other time?" I asked pleadingly, sticking my pinky out.

"I promise!" he grinned, wrapping his pinky around mine and shaking it for a second, before he stood up, and shunshined away. I waved at where he was for a second, before skipping off down the road.

I was 90% sure that my plan had worked. Really, it was a good thing too, otherwise, a lot of my research would have been for naught. I had had to actually research everything I had talked about, so that way everything I said could be verified, and trusted. And so that way it would look like something that a prodigy four year old might be able to put together. For an entire year, I had been working on this project, and here's hoping that it would fix more than one problem.

My hope was that the Uchiha police force would get involved, and would station guards around the Hyuuga compound. That way, they would begin to develop a reputation for protecting people, even those they didn't like. They might take some more pride in their job as well, if they even protected the Hyuuga. Then, Hizashi wouldn't die, Neji wouldn't get a stick up his ass, sasuke would have his relatives, and Danzo wouldn't get a hell of a lot of Sharingan. Of course, there was a chance that it could totally backfire, but there was also a chance that I would eat a piece of diseased fish and die tomorrow, so what the hell, right?

Anyway, I finally reached home and clambered into my corner. I was tired as hell from being so energetic all the time. The entire Uchiha thing had taken an hour to accomplish, and the whole time was full of me bouncing off the walls. I was only four years old, so it didn't take much to tire me out.

My corner had become more like a cubby, as Kaa-chan and Tou-chan had placed some bookshelves around it, and a little coffee table near it so I could do my work. I pulled out a notebook and quickly wrote down the events of the day. In the lower right hand corner of the page, I scribbled down in a monstrous amalgamation of every language I'd studied in my past life and current life, a quick reminder.

'Burn old brainstorming notes.'