A Spell Gone Wrong

Closing her eyes, she felt the warm embrace of the sun and the scent of the woods nearby. A dog barking in a small distance could be heard and she smiled. Did Smoky flee again ?

Opening her eyes to see the dog running towards her, she couldn't resist laughing at the sight of  Ludivina trying to catch him, her legs shaking from all the running. Her beautifully long ginger hair was let down around her shoulders, playing with the wind and bouncing joyfully. "Rosie?! A little help, please! ", Ludivina cried while Smoky was already on the run.

Rosie laughed harder when her friend stepped on a branch and slipped face down on the grass. Instead of helping Ludivina, she turned around to see Smoky running away without a concern. Still feeling the warmth from the sun, she let the fire inside her take control and embrace it with grace.

Smoky was already on his way to grab a bread. He knew that Ludivina would always leave the bread basket near the fireplace, in order to keep the warmth of it. Letting her catch him would destroy his plan to get his daily sweetness.

But the attraction he felt was stronger than his will and he stopped right at the entrance of the kitchen. He needed to see Rosie. She was his mistress.

Rosie saw the dog come back to her, in such a hurry that she thought he would jump on her but he simply stopped at her feet. Looking at her like he was waiting on her command, she knew that she had finally grabbed his spirit and connected it to hers. The spell she performed the previous night worked just fine.

"Oh, now you come back! You tricky bastard! Look what you've done! ", Ludivina said while getting up and showing her injured knee. Rosie felt the blood leaving her cheeks and the wind became so cold that her neck shivered. She bent to help her friend who couldn't walk anymore while Smoky stood there, his tail moving happily. "It's your fault! ", Ludivina said but caressed him anyway.

Ye're the clumsy one. Didn't have to follow me around and i'd be eating my bread peacefully and ye'd be doing the help boy.

Rosie stopped brutally, hurting her friend's knee even more, but the shock was so big that she felt weird for a second then turned her head to look at Smoky. He barked and she loudly heard the voice in her mind :

What? Ye didn't know about the Errand Boy? His name's Ryan, I think. He gives me a bone or two sometimes. Bribing me for seeing him wackadoodle with miss ginger here.

Rosie shook her head in denial and kept helping her friend go back to the house. Weird way to start a day.

 Weird way to start a day