Chapter Twevle

Chapter 12, Charm/France

Charm

As we exited the shop, I could tell Alpha was still thinking about Claire. However I was still thinking about what Madeline was doing with Elias.

What was he planning?

Whatever it was it couldn’t be good that’s for sure.

“Alpha?” I asked after a while

“Yeah?” he replied, I could tell his mind was on Claire.

“She’s not worth it” I said, desperately trying to make him feel better “Even if she was single, its still not worth you getting hurt over it”

He sighed sadly “Yeah, I know…”

“Come on, lets go home” I smiled slightly as I helped him walk down to the end of the alley, knowing if I didn’t he wouldn’t move otherwise.

A voice stopped me in my tracks “Look, fellas. We’ve caught a real cute one this time” He sneered.

I couldn’t see his face under the darkness of the night “What do you want?” I called out, spinning in a circle.

He laughed sinisterly “We want the Book of Witchcraft and we know you have it..”

I frowned, confused “I don’t know what you’re talking about”

A woman appears from the shadows, her eyes had a white bandage over them. She wore a long red robe with a white cross hanging from the belt

I shook my head furiously “I’m telling the truth, why would I lie about something like this?”

Her lips curled into an unfriendly smirk “I am the Seer, and I am never wrong”

“Not even this time?” I asked

“Not even this time” She reassured us, an almost evil, promising note floated in her voice.

Alpha snarled at her “We don’t know anything about this so called ‘Book’!”

The seer laughed at him “I don’t believe you…”

“Seer…. That will do…” A familiar voice from the shadows purred as they stepped into the light, I gasped as my eyes gazed over them

“Elias..” I snarled. I should have known he would have something to do with these psychopaths

He chuckled evilly “Were you expecting someone else, Azrèa?”

“I was hoping it wouldn’t be, but I’ll live..” I shrugged it off unafraid. Elias didn’t scare me and I was determined to let him know that.

He smirked and looked at me, almost sympathetically “Are you not afraid of me? I could turn you into a pile of ash..”

He was having a laugh surely. Me, afraid of him? Please.

“Of course I’m not afraid of you, Elias… you’re nothing but a little mummy’s boy” I snarled at him “Now let us past”

He shook his head “But, Azrèa… You’re not going anywhere…”

Alpha shook his head, a smirk growing across his once distressed face "Az is right, Elias.. The minute anything goes wrong for you thats it, it's straight back to mommy. In fact, I'll be willing to bet on thats what you did when Az dumped your sorry ass"

 I sighed under my breath, he was unbelievable. Maybe the day will come when he doesn't mention mine and Elias's break-up, but for now all I had to do was not laugh.