Chapter 18: A house divided

"Here i saved this for you when you got locked up, remember?" Ailani says passing me my phone from the glove box.

"Man i dont even remember how to use this bitch." I joke while opening the phone.

"Its so weird back at my house without Romeo around." Ailani whispers.

"I know how you feel." i say back, rubbing her shoulder. She turns the radio off.

"He has to be alive. Somewhere somehow."

"I'm going to get a list of everybody who was at that party from Ryan." i tell her, as she lights a cigarette. 

She passes me the pack.

"Since when do you smoke Newport menthol's?" i ask her.

"I got a job to get shit off my mind." Ailani answers.

I take a square out and light it.

"Were going to find him." i tell her, looking her in the eyes.

She smiles at me then looks down.

Right when the suns rising we arrive home. Followed by Ailani's mom running out of the house.

"Quick! out! i need to get to work!" she shouts.

I get out of the car and she looks at me shocked.

"Z! I've missed you so much!" she runs over and hugs me.

"Hey, been a minute!" i say hugging her back.

"There's that little bitch!" shouts a familiar voice coming outside.

"What'chu mean?" i reply to Candy as she runs over to us.

She drags me and Ailani inside.

"OOOO my house smells different, what that?" Ailani asks.

"Today with chef Candy we have baked toaster pastries, filled with melted marshmallow's and smothered with the finest frosting! For a drink i have prepared a very rich Russian wine!"

"Huh?" Ailani and I ask at the same time.

"Pop tarts and vodka bitch!" Candy shouts, followed by her sticking her tongue out at me. 

"Real quick im going text text mamma and exaggerate our situation Z." Ailani says pulling out her phone.

I pull mine out and text Ryan.

Zerrick  8:42 AM: Can you send me a list of anybody you saw Romeo with at the party thx

Ryan:  You 

Tris

 his sister

Brendan

Mia 

My brother Veo

West

Theo

Eugene