Chapter three

This week has gone by so fast. Luke and I have been together everyday and tomorrow is the Fourth of July and I'm so ready! It's going to be huge.

"Okay, My mom said that she doesn't need help with anything except putting up the red, white and blue balloons on the trees on poles. Most decorations are already up so, Lets do it now?" Luke ask. Looking up from his phone, Liz loves to text more then I do.

"Who doesn't love balloons?" I sit up from his bed putting my shoes on.

"We won't after we have to put all of them up." He smiles.

"Balloons are life." I smirk.

"No one asked for your opinion Jennifer Rose."

"I still gave it Lucas Robert."

It turns out; Luke was right. I hate balloons with a passion right now. Of course I won't admit it but this is so frustrating! They fly away, They pop, They won't tie, They attract my hair, They keep bumping my head.

"These are the last five. We already have balloons everywhere, Where do these go?" Luke ask holding the dumb balloons.

"Let's find a place for this one," I hold up a white.

"And we can put the other four on the swings." I suggest. He agrees.

I put the single on of the top of the play ground. I look at Luke across the park on his phone. He's been on his phone alot today but that just might be Liz checking up on us.

I take a seat on the top of the slide. I get a text from Michael.

He wants to hang out. I want to reply yes right away but I decide to ask Luke if he wants to hang out first.

"Hey Lucas!" I yell running toward him.

"Jennifer." He groans.

"We aren't going to do anything today are we?" I ask.

"The usual." He shrugs.

The usual meant we're going to go to his house or mine and eat. Watch movies. Learn a song together. Make fun of celebrities. The usual.

"Oh okay!" I smile. He won't mind if I hang out with Michael.

"Why?" He crosses his arms over his chest and raises a eyebrow.

"Because.. Because Michael wants to hang out today."

"Of course he does." Luke sighs.

"You don't mind if I go?" I look up at him.

"I want to hang out with you but," He runs his fingers through his hair. "I'll find something else to do. Ashton and Calum wanted to hang out today anyway."

"We can have a sleepover tomorrow night?" I suggest.

"Don't call it a sleepover Jennifer Rose!"

"Don't call me Jennifer, Lucas!"

"You better go to Prince Charming now." He waves me off.

"I will punch you in the throat." I squint my eyes.

"Once you're tall enough to reach my throat that is," He chuckles.

"You better go to dumb and dumber." I smirk.

"Witch is witch?" He says confused.

"Uh, Gotta run! Prince Charming is waiting!" I start to walk off.

Luke laughs, I hear him walking away in the direction of Liz's mini van.

Michael wants me to meet him at his house to just chill so this isn't necessarily a date.