Chapter four

Once Michael wakes up as well we leave, I go home to get ready. I wear an red tank top with a blue button up shirt that has white strips but I leave it unbuttoned. I wear white high wasted shorts with it and to top it all off, I wear my red ankle converse.

Since my skin is heathy I only use a light coat of foundation on my face. I do a light brown sparkly eye shadow with mascara. I decide not to have to much makeup so I put on a lipgloss with it.

I text Luke to ask him if he can pick me up. He says he'll be here soon.

I take my usual things I travel with, I hear the adorable hunk of Liz's mini van signaling me that Luke it hear.

"Bye mom!" I yell then shut the front door.

"Hey," I say as I shut the door.

"How was the hang out with Michael?" He ask with a fake smile.

"No need to act like you care." I laugh. "I know you don't."

"I want to know how it went!" He says.

"Why aren't you dressed in red, White or blue?" I ask.

"Because I'm not American."

"You're still celebrating."

"Shut up Jennifer Rose."

"Fine, I'll tell you Lucas. But not right now, Later. Actually! I invited him to come to the park tonight. He doesn't know if he is though." I say.

"More people? There's already going to be over one hundred." Luke groans.

"You don't have to socialize."

"I know but still, People's presence. Yuck." Luke pulls up to the parking lot of the arcade.

"One of my favorite places." I say.

"Our favorite places." Luke corrects me.

Luke buys us tokens, We play a few different games then we move onto our favorite one. Pac-Man.

I have the high score on this, Luke has yet to beat it.

He's getting close to my high score so now it's my job to distract him.

"Hey, You never told me about your hang out with Ash and Calum." I point out.

"Uh," He slows down on the joy stick, He glances at me.

"I'll tell you when you tell me about yours and Michael's." He starts to go again.

"What kind of food will be there?" I ask.

"Stop trying to distract me Jennifer." Luke huffs.

"But I want to keep my high score." I say.

"I don't care." He smiles.

I'm so lucky to have him as my best friend, He's caring, He's there for me. He knows everything there is to know about me. He knows more about me then anyone else, He never left me or hurt me. I don't think I deserve him, He lost so many girls that he really liked because I was his best friend but he chose me over them, He is the perfect person. I just really love my best friend.

"I love you Luke." I say, He freezes letting himself loose.

"I love," He clears his throat. "You too." He smiles.

"Not as much as I love you."

"Doubtful." He winks.

"What time is it?" I ask him.

"Just about time to get to the park."

We go to the mini van, The drive to the park is short.

Many people are already here, Kids are running around with balloons. Some are playing with water guns, There's a football game with the teenage boys, Mom's are sharing gossip, Dad's are having a laugh by the grill, Teens are in small groups talking about nothing meaningful. Now I can finally feel the holiday.