Somewhat Looking Forward to the Banquet

Huang Quan froze then saw Feng Yu Heng pointing downward. Only then did she calm her breathing to carefully listen.

Just listening was fine, as they only noticed a faint squeaking sound enter their ears. Just below the carriage the two were in, there was an extremely quiet sound. If they did not practice martial arts and have much sharper ears than normal people, they would not have heard it no matter what.

"It's not a person." Feng Yu Heng spoke up, "It should be some other sort of living being." As she said this, she reached down and began feeling under her seat.

Huang Quan quickly stopped her in fear: "Young miss, be careful!"

But she was still a step too slow. Feng Yu Heng's hand still reached in and pulled out a gourd.

The gourd was quite large. It was even longer than her forearm. Huang Quan was stunned by its size, "What is this? Why is there such a large gourd under our carriage?"

Feng Yu Heng shook her head, "I don't know either, but there is something in this gourd." She said this while shaking it. Sure enough, the movement became even larger.

Huang Quan received the gourd and also shook it a little; however, her complexion changed almost immediately: "It's a snake. Young miss, there is a snake inside."

"Certain?"

"This servant was once bitten by a snake. Ever since that time, this servant has always been very sensitive to snake. This servant can guarantee that there is a snake inside." Huang Quan frowned slightly upon saying this. She clearly felt a great deal of dread towards the thing in the gourd.

Feng Yu Heng also felt that the contents of the gourd was something with a soft body, but she was not as quick to resolutely say that there was a snake inside. But she did not fear snakes. It was not that she did not fear snake venom, but she had originally studied medicine, so she was not as traumatized by these things as other people.

"Must we open it up to look?" Huang Quan asked her then said: "The movements of this snake are quite large. I fear that it will slither out once we open up the gourd."

Feng Yu Heng pondered a little then reached a hand into her sleeve. From within her space, she pulled out an anesthetic needle.

"Then let's make it so it has no way ability to struggle." She said this while moving. Poking the needle straight into the opening, she slowly injected the anesthetic. When the entire contents of the needle had been injected, she shook the gourd once again. This time, however, she only heard a thudding against the walls of the gourd. The thing with a soft body no longer made a sound.

Huang Quan's eyes stared straight at it. Her young miss still carried such a large needle around with her? Where did she put it? Did she not worry about being poked by it?

Feng Yu Heng naturally knew what Huang Quan was thinking, but she did not want to explain at all. With a wave of her hand, she returned the needle to her space, which caused Huang Quan to stare in shock.

"Let's take a look at what sort of snake it is." She said this while opening up the gourd. Pouring out its contents, sure enough, a green snake with a triangular head appeared.

The snake was not long, as it was at most the length of Feng Yu Heng's forearm. Its entire body was green and had a pair of blood-red eyes. Its pupils were vertical, somewhat similar to a cat. The tip of its tail was red, and it had a triangular head with fine scales at the very top of its head.

"Green bamboo snake." Feng Yu Heng recognized it. When she was with the military, she had performed a vivisection on this type of snake.

Huang Quan was afraid of snakes. When she saw Feng Yu Heng hold the snake in her hands without any feeling, she felt her entire body go numb. But she still felt this matter was too strange "What sort of person could put such a thing in our carriage?" She said this and turned subconsciously to look out the window at the driver.