Chapter Eighteen

Abby

I saw her.

Since she had reddish-orange fur, it was easy to see her. Even though she was bleeding baldly.

But I saw her. And we began out plan out on how to rescue Violet. We had to do this quick or Mom would be dead.

I began to climb up the tree fast, thanks to my amazing stamina. I fitted the vines holding Mom and Cotton grabbed Mom.

Roc went after us but Cotton held him back. I had to lead to a small place.

I settled her down and I asked her if she was okay. She was tired, but relieved that we saved her.

Them I decided to ask her the question that I was still burned in my mind.

But mom must've knew what I was about to say.

"Mom..."

"Abby...I'm sorry.

"What?"

"I'm...sorry for everything I've done I have done to you..."

"Mom.. I"

Then she sighed.

And she began to tell her tale...

***

S

he began about how she was orphaned all her life and she never knew her identify as a person and her family. She was outcasted from Zootopia and stripped away as a citizen. She told me that she was always desperate for attention since her family was murdered because she was a cross-breed.

I do recall back in history class that my mother was special; she was the first predator-prey animal. But I didn't know that Zootopia didn't accept mom for what she was worth.

"People hated me. I was always in pain, due to solitude, torment and lost to identify. Whenever I would walk down a street, I would usually get stares of hatred or even jumped. I was constantly lonely, so I did stupid things, such as vandalize statues or rolled people' houses. I didn't care Because all I wanted was attention, even though I wouldn't get love in return. My life was hell."

Then she told me how a group of animals, in the formation of the Chinese Zodiac, with supurb abilities came to kill her. I was shocked; Mom's everyday job was life-risking but this changes everything. Even when she was a kid she would face death!

But then she told me how she used her pain into strength. She have met so many people that she became strong enough to be acknowledged.

I wanted to know more and she looked up to the sky and grinned.

She looked like she was thinking. Then she said this:

"I inherited my parent's will. I never give up. That's my way of living!"

Then she noticed me wearing her clothes.

"Heh. You're wearing my clothes!"

I looked at her, then myself. Although I wasn't fond of her taste in clothing, since I was more comfortable in Blue jeans and a blue hoodie, she smiled at me and said "It feels like I'm looking at my kid self!"

"Does these clothes make me look cooler?"

Then she smiled and told me I was already cooler. Cooler than her.

I couldn't help but to grin.

"Hey Mom?"

"Ugh yeah, sweetheart?"

"Instead of lecturing me on being a good kid and all, can you please take time out to tell me about you adventures?"

Then she looked at me and nodded.

Then we went off to save our friends...