(5) Mine

Chapter 5 - Mine

Katie

His beautiful eyes just skimmed over my body- looking me over – I felt my heart speed up at the fact that he was checking me out – I just hoped my brothers weren’t watching him intently because I wanted to be checked out – I wanted to be well – wanted, just this once I wanted to feel girly.

I looked over to Alpha- then realising that I haven’t show him my respect to him yet- I mentally slapped myself -  I am so rude! I walked up to the Alpha but couldn’t help wondering how he became Alpha at such a young age – where are his parents?

"Hello Alpha Williams- I’m Katie Wood- the Beta of the Wood Pack- I welcome you to our territory and if there is anything you need feel free to ask me" I smiled at him and stuck my hand out for him to shake gazing up into his eyes – I had to remain professional at all times when a new pack arrive – if I am not they just think are pack do not take anything seriously and would attack us thinking that we were weaker than them.

He gave me one of his gods given smiles that made butterflies appear in my stomach- he started to extend his hand to shake mine back when Nate grabs me from behind and pulls me in-between him and Shane. Shane, being the arrogant person he is - puts his arm round my shoulder protectively bringing me closer to his side - a low growl in the back of my throat formed – I usually didn’t use my wolf growled because I felt it was too animalistic and my brothers knew this so when I rarely use it they know that I was starting to get really angry – Shane carefully pulled his arm back off my shoulder and placed it in front of my arm showing his dominance over me still.

I looked back over to Alpha Williams he just looked unnaturally angry- but thankfully he wasn’t glaring at me with that expression – even the thought of it alone made my heart quiver- I followed his glares they landed on my brothers; I shimmed back to the Alpha’s side avoiding the flying arms out to catch me and pull me back to them, making no physical contact to make my brothers happy and said in such a sweet manner.

"Sorry, my brothers are way to overprotective at times - But I didn’t seem to catch your name?" I cocked my head to the side.

Zedon

These car journeys take forever. As Alpha I had to come with my best mate, Jed who is also my Beta- and my two other higher rankers James and Conner. We were going to make an alliance with The Wood Pack. I heard that they have three Alphas, all brothers – from the rumours I heard from the last pack we had to pass through that they were all triplets and had decided to share the title because they were only young and couldn’t decided who to pass the title onto. I had Also heard not to get on the bad side of their Beta – as she was a young girl only around sixteen or seventeen years old – and that she was kept out of the eye of the werewolf world as much as she could by her brothers that were fiercely protective of her.

I on the other hand do not have any siblings- well I did have but I don’t talk about her much anymore. My heart started to throb and my breathing quickened. I hated myself for not being there to protect my little sister, and for that she faced the consequences- Laurie- She was the best little 14 year old sister in the world.